Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree. I find all that very interesting but have not done any research on my own. My moms side of the family through my grandfather is Choctaw Indian. My grandfather on my Dad’s side was full blooded German. I don’t know of many fun facts except my paternal grandmother once rode elephants in the local town circus. 
 2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying- "Luck is the residue of design." Agree or disagree? Why? I certainly feel that there are those much luckier than others. I knew this one person that received large checks every month for mineral rights that belonged to his Dad and he didn’t have to work. He was a very lazy ,unproductive person and I wondered why someone couldn’t have that luck that needed it. I have a friend that has won THOUSANDS of dollars from playing the lottery. I on other hand won a 2 dollar scratch off and then lost the stupid card! I am very blessed which I feel is also very lucky. I have both of my parents, I have both grandmothers, I have a career that I love, I have a wonderful husband and puppy, and I own a Harley. I consider myself very lucky indeed!
 3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space? My favorite GREEN space although its brown and crispy due to our drought is at my Dad’s ranch. I love all the acreage around the house and watching the horses run by. 
 4. Who is your favorite comedian? I love comedy and have several of my favorites. I love Lucille Ball, Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart (thanks to my sister-in-law who made me watch a video), Jimmy Fallon, too many
 5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try? How could I improve? Good grief we don’t have enough time in the day. I need to eat better , stop eating fast food for breakfast and lunch, I need to move more like exercise, drink more water, quit snacking at my desk……
. 6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain. I have been green with envy on seeing many of my friends go on vacation this week for Spring Break with their kids, I have been green around the gills all last week and finally broke down last Saturday and went to a Care Now. A steroid shot and zpac RX later and I’m on road to recovery. AND I think we may have a green light on finding a rental house to move into very soon. Fingers crossed! 
  7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting? Sprinkles cupcakes line. There is ALWAYS a line and its so worth it! 
  8. Insert your own random thought here. I’ve had the blahs for a while and had tons of stuff to blog about but just didn’t have the energy to do it lately. I contribute it to my severe sinus infection so I hope I get motivated here pretty quickly.

Have a great day y'all!!! 

10 comments:

  1. Hello Holli! Thank you for visiting my Hodgepodge today!! I enjoyed "meeting" you and reading your answers! Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- Yes, but my cheapness has so far overcome it.
    2- Branch Rickey was a genius. I'm not gonna argue with him!
    3- I was gonna say parsley flakes, but then I saw it was space, not spice.
    4- Joe Biden.
    5- I refuse to improve my diet. When my body needs a salad, it lets me know by cravings. It's a system that's worked for thirty years (never ate salad previously) and I ain't changing it now.
    6- e) none of the above. I did read an issue of the Hulk, though.
    7- McDonalds. Goes hand in hand with #5.
    8- I am so sick of this fricking snow!!! (Okay, I don't know how random that was...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow allergy sufferer & sinus infection pro, I feel your pain! Yes, it can make you tired and lethargic. Often those who don't suffer with it don't get it. So, I hope your meds kick in and give you relief and more energy. Spring is here in my part of the country and I've got to take my meds each day to survive. But, I love Spring - allergies and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy do I hear ya! I may have to really ask myself some of these questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dad's ranch sounds beautiful. I loved Lucy and Will Ferrell cracks me up along with Jimmy Fallon. I definitely need to move more! Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sinus infections are miserable! Glad you got some meds. Your dad's ranch sounds like a great place to be. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like this little mish mash of ideas, so different! And these are though provoking, not just "whats your favorite movie?" LOL. Hop the steroids and zpack have cured all <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Sprinkles cupcake line sounds like a great place to wait :)
    I enjoyed 'meeting' you today. Thanks for stopping by my blog, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, this one was a jumble of random thoughts! I agree about Sprinkles, and with March being nutrition month I might just have to cheat a bit now!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!