Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hodgepodge this Wednesday

1.April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May? I don’t garden but I am moving this weekend to a house with a huge yard. I could try my hand at it soon. 
 2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders. Hmm, probably a 5. I spent many years growing up in the country so you just get used to them.
 3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad? Cheese and croutons 
 4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington) San Juan Islands and Mt St. Helens are the only two places listed I haven’t seen. I love the Pacific Northwest! I went on a girls trip through Oregon a few years ago and it was amazing! We started in Northern California and drove through the forests of Oregon and then up along the coast and went wine tasting too. I flew out of Portland back home. 
 5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line? I don’t run so it wouldn’t be literally. LOL. In order to have an answer, I would say my race for time against moving out deadline. We packed solid this past weekend and still have so much more to do. We did go recently to the horse races ( if you read last week’s post) and had a blast!! 
 6. What is something little you love? I love love love my sweet little Chihuahua mix puppy Jax! I LOVE going home and playing with him.
Jax loves work from home days. 
 I also love sweet tea. That’s a little something right? 
 7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate. I really am a little of all. Visual more than anything though. I’ve learned a lot as a corporate trainer on knowing my audience and making sure they connect to what I’m teaching. I always have handouts and slides. I can relate next to being a kinesthetic learner because doing it is the best way to remember and learn something. Audio works as well but you have to pay attention to tones, etc on the subject. I may need to hear it twice before I feel like I ‘know’ it.
 8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is last workday in office this week and then its Go time for the move. We sign the lease tomorrow, clean the house and move our clothes Thursday, and Friday the movers show up. We actually have until May 10 to be out of the apartment which is great so we can get everything out and cleaned. Wish us luck. So far our marriage is still intact. Hahaha!   I’m exhausted from packing and excited to see Jax’s reaction when we put him in his own back yard.

9 comments:

  1. Whoa - what a fun time for you, moving from an apartment into a house with a yard! And your road trip sounds amazing - I would love to do that trip! (I agree, nothing better than the west!) And in answer to your question on my blog, yes, I'm in San Clemente, just north of San Diego! It certainly is gorgeous here - but oh, not cheap to live here, thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of luck with your move! That can sure wear you out, can't it? Jax is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, now isn't that just the cutest little puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be awesome to have the large yard. Moving is a huge process. I keep telling myself I need to purge now before we even have thoughts about moving because we have too much stuff but I'm not very motivated. Jax is a perfect little one to love. I'm excited for you. Hope your move goes perfectly and enjoy your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is always a trying time. It does give you a chance to sort through things and clean out if necessary. Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, good luck on your new life in Washington! You'd probably figured out how to deal with your stuff and account for all of them throughout the transfer. That's always the most arduous thing of the process. It's a good thing there are temporary storages and moving services available to help you with that load.

    General Store All

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. If I am, I must be one of those stink plants. (BTW Just took shoes off.)
    2. A sliding scale roughly equivalent to the size of the beast in cms.
    3. I'm with you! Ranch dressing?
    4. Crater Lake... I can look at water forever.
    5. Long enough ago I don't remember, but I'll bet I lost.
    6. Family show, right? Um, I guess Scrappy's not too big. NO! WAIT! BabyBels, the greatest snack in the history of mankind!
    7. Definitely visual. Don't even know what the last one is.
    8. I want a BabyBel, but it's too close to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes with your move! I hope Jax will love his new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh. we had so much rain in April I'm ready for sun and May flowers! Kentucky Derby already? Time for a Mint Julep!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!