Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Hodgepodge



1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way?
I am very inspired by nature. I love just looking out the window and looking at the trees the lovely flowers that are blooming, rocks along the lakes, so many things. My mom lives in Montana and is surrounded by a natural forest that is breathtaking. I love going to the beach and being surrounded by driftwood, sea moss, shells.
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth...which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
I think i'm pretty much Down to Earth. I grew up in the city, raised in the country and have wonderful old-fashioned family and friends that keep each other grounded. My grandma always said " don't forget where ya came from"! Meaning don't get too fancy and think you're above anybody.
I would move heaven and earth for my husband and closest friends and family.
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple.
well, I am a newly engaged bride and we received a lot of advice leading up to the day and on the day. I would say the best advice is to truly make each other our priority and not to go to bed angry.
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home repair, or improvement? On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided?
I had my uncle take my dresser to repair because it was falling apart and he built me a brand new one from scratch. Its so beautiful and special. I blogged about it so I know there is a picture somewhere. He gets a 10+.
Last year when I moved in with Todd, the movers ruined my leather couch and scraped it and tore the backside of it. I cried and would rate them a minus 1.
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between?
I am a corporate trainer for US and Canada for my company. I have people call me everyday that I've never met and so i'm pretty good with small talk. I guess i'd say i'm an expert since I get paid to stand up in front of people and talk /train them.
6. What was the last historic place you visited?
I was in La Grange, Texas just a few weeks ago for Antique week. You might be familiar with the famous "Chicken Ranch".
7. The world would be a better place if we just_listened closer and smiled more.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Almost 2 weeks ago my sister-in-laws brother lost his home and a dog to a fire. He, his wife, 2 teenage kids and other dog are currently living in a hotel room . I'm amazed how people are so generous and giving when they don't know the people affected. I've had friends raise cash, gift cards, furniture, household items, you name it, for me to pass on to my friends.  They will be OK and have great attitude that its just stuff.  There are good people everywhere, everyday.
Be a blessing to someone. Say HI to a stranger, put your phone down and look people in the eye, smile.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your family is okay. A fire must be so hard, and particularly losing their dog. So thankful there are good people in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother and his family had a home fire also and lost everything. It would so tough to lose my dogs. Such good advice in the last couple sentences of your post, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to hear about your SIL's brother and his family. Just heartbreaking, but thankful for the kindness of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and still saying prayers for family! Saturday is creeping ever closer....love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep them in my prayers. Enjoyed reading your answers. Sorry about your couch with the movers, I would have cried too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In addition to prayers, stay tuned for the usual smart ass remark:

    I thought Lagrange was only famous because of ZZ Top...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A house fire would be difficult, especially when a death (of anyone or anything) is involved. So glad generous people came through to help!

    Love your advice, at the end of your post :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!