Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My weekly HodgePodge

1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm? Well I did just get married 6 months ago so I was showered with attention on our wedding day. I loved having all my closest friends and family around me. I am also having a wedding shower this Friday so I get to do the showering of attention.

2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please! My college roommate/best friend and I drove to South Padre island and had a great time on the beach with our school friends. On our way home passing through downtown Dallas- our concert arena posted one of our favorite bands playing that same night. We got back to Denton (45 minutes away) and we were so crispy sunburned, took a nap and shower and drove back down and bought scalper tickets and got the best seats to a great concert! We had so much fun being young and spontaneous. Makes me smile every time I think about it.
 
 3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans? love love love pecans! I also pronounce them PA CONS- not PEE CANS. I love my Nanny’s rum cake with pecans baked on the top. I love millionaires which is chocolate , pecans, and caramel. All things pecans is good. 4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life? would say Put all my eggs in one basket because we are moving in a few weeks and I have a lot of eggs to pack in many baskets! I’m married to a good –egg and my puppy Jax is truly a rotten egg because he’s spoiled rotten!! I don’t like having to walk on eggshells and avoid those situations as much as possible.
Jax went to Petco with me and drive thru for lunch. He hates riding but he liked the treats at petco.
 
 5. In my experience you have to plow through whatever it is that’s important to you no matter what speedbumps are thrown your way. I’ve been with my company going on 19 years this September and there has been 2 times that I actually HATED coming to work because of an evil coworker or a supervisor that was not equipped for his position. Now I’m the last one standing and both of those people left the company for various reasons over the years. I’m so grateful I didn’t react to my emotions and knew that I was with the company I wanted to be with and I cant let others try to push me out or bully me. 6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics? have dozens of songs that I love around the topic rain. Here are just a select few: Here comes the rain (Eurythmics), Rainbow Connection (originally Kermit but I love Sarah McLachlins rendition), Grace Like Rain ( Todd Agnew) and I wish it would rain ( The Voice contestant Preston Pohl)

 7. What does the word hope mean to you? Hope is a necessity. You have to have Hope to look towards every day and the future. Items or things can be symbolic for Hope such as a dove. Its biblical: in Romans 8:24- "For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one also hope for what he sees?
 
8. Insert your own random thought here. Todd and I moving the first week of May and the stress is slowly creeping up my back and neck. I have SO MUCH TO PACK! I hate packing and I hate moving. Good news is that we hired a moving company for the big stuff but we have to have everything packed and ready to go. Pray for a seamless move and no tempers in between this stressful time.

7 comments:

  1. Hi..Thanks for visiting my blog. Love the picture of your Jax. He's so adorable.Hope all goes well with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than being showered with attention at your wedding. Congratulations! You definitely have a lot of eggs in your basket, hope your move goes well. Jax is adorable......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you hired movers, there is no point in seriously hurting yourself for the big move! How exciting, I'm so happy for your sweet little family. That said, I detest moving, too, and I wasn't so sure Steve and I were going to make it out alive during the process of moving! LOL! Don't hate me, I call them PEE-CANS! Hahahahah! I always thought Pa-Cons sounded so snooty! LOL. I love that pic of Jax, also I love the upholstery in your car. I like the accent of the lighter color in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving day! I feel your pain. Hope all goes as smooth and painless as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying the Hodgepodge! Brides are special and should be showered with love and attention : ) I love Grace Like Rain...it didn't immediately pop into my head, and on these sorts of questions I usually go with what hits me first. Otherwise I'll deliberate all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My one memory of spring break was what we always called The Big Night... and a lot of what I "remember" of it may well have been stories that wandered in and filled blanks caused by alcohol. Probably not a good family story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love pecans! Now I am going to buy some or get a slice of pecan pie.

    As for Spring Break, too many of my stories from the four times I went are definitely not family friendly!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!