Friday, April 4, 2014

Take another little piece of my heart now, baby!

Its been a very busy week and I'm so excited today is Friday!  A week ago today I was heading down south for my weekend at Antiques week and I haven't even told y'all about it.  It was amazing and I took loads of pictures! I'll have to spread it out and not all on one post.  I do have to share some pictures now of our beautiful state flower Bluebonnets. Mixed with the Indian paintbrushes , the fields and highways were gorgeous! 

So I wanted to share a sweet story about my awesome husband.  We got into a pretty intense argument this week and things were said that really hurt my feelings.  I kept thinking about the heated words that were worse than what we were even originally fighting about.  I mentioned to my husband that when he says those things to me, it's like my heart  is a chunk of cheese and he slices off a piece at a time and it's gone.  I know , just like me to compare my heart to cheese. It is my favorite food ever!  Anyway, Todd called me yesterday while I was at work and asked if he could take me out to dinner and I of course said sure.  Don't laugh but I picked Texas Roadhouse because if you get there before 6pm there are specials for only 8.99$. It's a great deal! lol  
Todd had a card and something wrapped in pink tissue paper and handed it to me once we were sat and ordered.  This is why I love him so much and sure that i married the right man. He bought me a cheese grater.   He does listen after all and it clicked with him.  This little cheese grater actually means a lot to me now and Todd said some really sweet things.  I know that couples are going to have their disagreements. It's how you deal with the aftermath is what will strengthen your marriage.  Laughter too is everything and I laughed when I saw it was a cheese grater.   

Have a great weekend y'all and be gentle and speak nice to your husband or wife or loved ones.  Words can hurt worse than a broken bone! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got that patched up. It doesn't take anything to make I'm right" more important than "I'm sorry." And, in my experience, it's the first thing to go in a marriage. There's a lot of truth to "don't let the sun set on your anger." A hug for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet. That he would go to that trouble says a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a sweet gesture. Awesome that he actually listened to what you said, that doesn't always happen!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!