Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday's Confessions

Hey y’all, Happy hump day to you. I came across a blog this morning that caught my eye because she’s a Dallas girl like myself. Her name is Bella and blogs at Dateless in Dallas.
She hosts a Wednesday link-up called simply “ Wednesday’s Confessions”.  My fave blog hop Hodgepodge is skipping a week while the host enjoys a vacation with her family over Easter week.

I confess that I’m pretty stressed that we move in 2 weeks.  Holy cannoli I’ve got to get busy and pack more every night!  I stopped by the  house this past Monday after work and so relieved and happy that they painted all the dark wood paneling. It made the house look so different and it calmed Todd down. He was not happy about the old dark look it had. I’m getting excited to have a back yard for Jax!

I confess that I feel a little guilty that I’m going to see Rob Thomas in concert this Friday while I should be home packing but not so guilty that I wont have great time. I’m going with one of my girlfriends that I haven’t seen in several months because we both are just so busy.  “T” and I have been friends since my college days and we were waitresses together downtown. I’m excited to hang out and have some girl time.

I am aggravated that I’ve crappy headaches all week and I missed a blogger party last night that was also a painting party. They were painting Dallas skyline and I really was excited for that.  Seriously, my headaches keep getting worse as I get older.  Which by the way I’ll be getting older next month and not exactly excited about it this year.  I’m approaching closer and closer to 50 and that FREAKS me out!

I confess that I’m addicted to The Voice and this season is so dang good! Lots of great singers and very R&B soulful singers which I like.

I wish I was spending more time training Jax. He does not know a single command. Not come here, NO, sit, stop, NADA- NOTHING!!  I just want to love on him and let him sit on my lap while we watch TV. 

I still need to wrap up my weekend at Antique week post and should have done that today instead of this random post. LOL Oh well!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I saw that Rob Thomas was going to be at Winstar! How fun!! Love him. Have a blast, friend. Hope your headaches get better. I've had really bad headaches for the last couple of weeks. I blame the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am another Dallas gal who stumbled upon your blog! I am jealous you are going to Rob Thomas. I saw he was in concert, but decided to wait. As for headaches…I feel ya! I think it is the weather too because I have been sporting a doozy today. LT says Mt Dew and an aspirin with caffeine will fix ya right up. Hope you get to feeling better!

    wereallygotthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the only thing Scrappy learned from active teaching was laying down on command for a treat and stopping to wait for traffic. Everything else he picked up as we went along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a bust busy busy woman. Go have a fun time at the concert. You'll be ready to move so don't stress. It will all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When one of our dogs was just a baby, we took her to 'puppy parties' that our vet recommended. It's basically a roomful of puppies learning things like 'sit' and 'down' as well as lots of helpful tips like to properly trim their nails. 'Great class. Your vet probably knows about someone like that. I needed that kind of structure or my dog would be even MORE spoiled! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous you're going to see Rob Thomas. My dad and I danced to his song "Little Wonders" at my wedding. Loooooove him. Don't feel bad, in all this chaos of moving, you deserve a break. It's not like you're going on a huge week long vacation, it's one night. ENJOY it!

    Steve and I got so caught up with binge watching Shameless, that I've missed a lot of The Voice. I miss Christina and Cee Lo. I'll watch the final 5 though.

    I am by no means a dog expert, but at this point, I would wait until after your move to start really training him. It's gonna throw him off in the new environment, so maybe wait until he's acclimated to the house.

    Hope your get some relief from the headaches. Drinks lots of water, get sleep, and try (easier said than done) not to stress too much. Please enjoy Rob Thomas. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! You also say "holy cannoli" like me. I hope you had a great time at the concert! Moving is always so stressful so I feel your pain. I moved during the New Year festivities this year and that was insane. I hope you had a great Easter weekend!! Thanks for linkin' up :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!