Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This week's Hodgepodge

1. It's still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem? My move last weekend. It was chaos and mayhem and my house still looks the part. 2. When did you last feel dismayed? When we turned in our keys to the apartment and I never found my diamond to my wedding ring. I cant get past it. Not sure if dismayed is the best word to describe but it works for me. 3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange? I cant and wont eat eggs without mustard. It’s a family thing because my mom, brother, cousins, etc all do it. Hey if you like deviled eggs don’t turn your nose up if you put mustard in them. Delish! 4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not? I believe its true. I didn’t get into the corporate world until my late 20’s (27 to be exact) and now I’m a corporate trainer and love my job more than anything. I went to college to be a school teacher so its almost the same thing to train adults. 5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmnd VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA. Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person? I have seen all of those places but the 2 in Virginia and Savannah. My favorite 2 sites listed are Boston and San Francisco. My mom lives in Montana and there are no direct flights that exist. I ‘ve always had to fly into Jacksonhole, Wyoming and there is no other way to Moms but to drive thru Yellowstone to get to her house. Its funny that you HAVE to drive thru and works out conveniently that you get a great scenic drive each time. I live in Texas 6 hrs away from San Antonio and have been there numerous times. Its fun but I guess I take it for granted. I would like to go back to Santa Fe though and enjoy some Indian fry bread and ogle at the turquoise jewelry. Ive always wanted to go to the hot air balloon festival they have every year. New Orleans is also 8 hrs away exactly if you drive. It’s the best town for a fun weekend of great food and drinks. Love the frozen drinks on Bourbon St! 6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose? I guess I would take a long walk. You know what I wish I had? When I was a kid I had a toy called the lemon twist. It was this black rubber rope with a plastic lemon filled with rocks or something that made noise and you swung it around and jumped over it like jump rope almost. I loved the heck out of that and I could lemon twist all up and down the sidewalk. I would do that again! I also like to hula hoop. 7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up? In elementary, I grew up in Dallas proper and loved it! I was so close to parks that I could ride my bike to and my grandparents lived 6 blocks away and would ride my bike to their house. We had a Baskin-Robbins ice cream a few blocks and a small shopping center close by. We were convenient to everything and I had tons of kids to play with and walk to school with and ride bikes with. In junior high, I lived in Northern California for a 2 years and Southern Cal for year and half. Each location was wonderful including being close to the beach. In high school, I was back in Texas and lived out in the country in East Texas. My school only had 99 graduating seniors and it was crazy small town! Everyone knew everyone which was good and bad. I skipped school once and our car broke down. We walked to the town Dairy Queen which was the mecca and point of reference for everyone and the ladies who worked there called the school. They were moms who knew the schedule and we couldn’t get away with anything. 8. Insert your own random thought here. I am so grateful for this weekly link up that Joyce hosts and she’s so creative with the questions. I’ve been very overwhelmed unpacking and still working full-time that I have lost my desire to blog on my own lately. If it wasn’t for this linkup I wouldn’t have a post. I like that I only have to think about my responses to the questions. I hate that the move stole my spunk but please bare with me on this. I cant be in this funk forever. My birthday is this weekend too and I’m excited to my friends and family on Saturday. They will cheer me up and will be good for my soul. 

8 comments:

  1. Sadly, I don't think I've been to any of those historic places, well except Savannah. It's pretty there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....I loved my Lemon Twist too!!!!!!!!! I am sooo looking forward to seeing you this weekend and celebrating your special day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I would say that moving is mayhem and not finding your diamond would be dismayed for sure! That is a great idea having mustard with your eggs. I have a few hard boiled eggs to eat and I'm going to put mustard on them! Yes Joyce is awesome with the questions and I always look forward to Wednesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get to go anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beer ans chocolate chop cookies. Don't ask me why but I just love the combo together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When were you to Philly?! That is close to me, I love the history there in the city. So many class trips were taken to museums, historical buildings, etc.

    So cool you get to drive through Yellowstone to your mom's house!

    Happy Birthday, I hope you get to relax and enjoy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Philadelphia for the win!!! Um, it's only the birth place of our country!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!