Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hodgepodging it today

1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time? I still actually posted. I made it a goal to post more than once and I ended up posting 3 times last week. 

 2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word. Forever

 3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day. It started feeling like summer back in the spring. Dallas, Tx is always sweltering hot! My perfect summer day would be near a beach with a light breeze blowing and a frozen drink in my hand, on lawn chair reading a book. 

 4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious? Being lazy is not a good quality unless its planned. There is nothing wrong with decompressing and relaxing on a planned vacation day or even a quiet Sunday after church at home spending time with the husband. I am so crazy busy at work that I need to plan a lazy summer for sure. Instead, we are going to try to make it to Montana in September to see my mom. 

 5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad? Herman Munster. He always had best intentions for his family but he was also goofy and had fun sense of humor. That is definitely like my dad!! Daddy is a prankster and always playing jokes. At the end of the day though he is a great Dad and will be there for you in a heartbeat! 

 6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory. Well, its been a very long time since I have been on a picnic. I even have the cutest picnic basket I need to use. I went on a few picnic dates long long time ago and they were actually pretty fun. My favorite is when we packed a basket with grapes, cheese, crackers and some salami and climbed on the top of an old train car looking over downtown Dallas.

 7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday? I have been to Marco Island in Florida and its is beautiful! If money was no object, I would love to go to Bora Bora. I’ve always wanted to see those crystal blue waters and stay in a hut that is above the water. We’ve all seen those pictures that are used for computer backgrounds. lol

 8. Insert your own random thought here. I have so much randomness going on in my head right now , its hard to pinpoint one. The house is starting to come together. I bought a mattress off Craigslist last week for the guest room. I need to tackle that room this week and then I will feel pretty much complete in the home. This week at work is kind of the calm before the storm. I have to train 457 customer service reps next week who is with the other company that we are merging with. Did I mention to yall that we are literally merging with our greatest NEMESIS!!! For all 19 years I’ve been with the company, they have been our neck to neck competitor. Its hard to wrap my head around merging with the enemy. LOL!! Oh well, the plus side is that we had several people go work for them when they left us so I will see them again. I guess I had something to say after all on my random thought. Haha!

Have a great day today would you please! 

11 comments:

  1. I love your answer for fave TV dad! How wonderful! 'not sure who I would choose for my Daddy. 'Gonna think about that one for a while! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merging with the enemy-ha! That's kind of funny. Is your company being aquired or are you the ones aquiring? Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight years ago, my company was bought out by our competitor. I was able to keep my job and I still work for "the competitor." But all that happened soon after the birth of my daughter and I nearly had a complete breakdown. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever been through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work for the leading patio-replacement cushion manufacturer, and we also made patio umbrellas. There was a company on Marco Island (by that same name) that also made them. I remember always having idiots at K Mart and Sears send us back THEIR crappy umbrellas. Always hated them. But K Mart also sent us good mistakes, like "The Club", a box of crew socks, and a case of expired aspirin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, we are so similar on the beach! I wish I could be there. And out of the ones listed, I want Turks and Caicos. Not really sure why but it has always stuck in my head. Oh, and since you love Herman Munster, have you been to Munster Mansion in Waxahatchie? This couple built their house to be identical to it and they open it up for Halloween! They even dress the part and have had the actors as special guests! Please tell me you have done this. If not, this is the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Montana! I've always wanted to visit that state. I have such lovely images in my mind about the scenery. I love picnic baskets. I don't buy them- and they are hard to resist- because I never go on picnic anymore. But I do so love the baskets. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Montana is amazing! Its like stepping back in time. I have one picnic basket that is collecting dust. I need to use it!

      Delete
  7. LOL, I am cracking up at your Herman Meunster as your fave TV dad. I never really saw that show, but I guess it wasn't really my era. (Not knocking your age, my love! LOL)I think my favorite TV dad would have to be Cliff Huxtable.
    I really want to see New England… I've been to Boston, but would love to see Vermont of Maine, the mountains and lakes.
    Bora Bora is def a top spot to visit, but so is Lake Comos in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Holli! I'm all packed and ready to go. Moving truck comes on Monday. I am packing up my Mini-Cooper and Sally my dog and we are headed out early Monday morning. I'm trying to make it a few hours past Nashville and stay the night and then make it to Dallas early Tuesday afternoon. Let's try to meet up after the first of August.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad summer is finally here! The weather in NYC has been wonderful. 80 and sunny out. Going to an outdoor German bar festival on Thursday to watch the world cup!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!