Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood? Probably jumping thru the sprinklers in our back yard. We didn’t have a pool and my cousins and I would go to my grandma’s house and would play hours outside running and jumping through the sprinklers. It was so much fun! We also had a slip n slide and wore that out as well.

2. What's your favorite summer smell? Hmmm, Probably the smell of suntan lotion. The coconut-lemon smell will automatically take you to memories of the beach or swimming pool.

  3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand? I don’t mind the sand. In fact, I dream of having my toes in the sand right about now. When I travel anywhere there is a beach, I have my own tradition that I have to put my feet in the sand. Even if its winter.




  4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name? Sunflower seeds and then sunchips. I really love the unshelled sunflower seeds. I eat them quite a bit

. 5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day? The older I get, the heat really gives me headaches and I am more sensitive to the sun. I enjoy air-conditioned cool rooms with cold frozen beverages

. 6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.
  First one that comes to mind is Here comes the sun by the Beatles and then my childhood song- You are my Sunshine, My only Sunshine, You make me happy when skies are gray….
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again? I’ve had a few awful experiences with customer service but I didn’t report them. I probably should have. I was in Pennsylvania on business with 3 other coworkers and we stopped at this restaurant we had seen that had cars in parking lot so we figured it might be good. They were terribly understaffed. The hostess sat us quickly but then our waitress never showed up for another 15 minutes. I got up asked the manager if we had a waitress assigned to our table- the waitress came over and Literally yelled at us. She said we are very busy and its not going to do you any good to tell the manager! I cant tell you how I fumed over this for days. I new I would never go back because I don’t live there but I never wanted to slap a waitress before until then.
  8. Insert your own random thought here. So this week I began my training to the other company we’re merging with ( the enemy). I’ve been so busy preparing and training that the blog posts are not happening this week. I got to office extra early today so I can at least post to the hodgepodge link. I love it! I hope to maybe post tomorrow or Friday though.  Have  a great day y'all!

9 comments:

  1. Hope your job transition goes as smoothly as can be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get really bad headaches from the heat, too. If you have to be out, pedialyte helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Beatles! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that song! Good luck with work. I've been there, merging isn't easy or fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- Sitting in a fresh mown lawn listening to GOOD music on the radio (something not really available in my area anymore).

    2- The lake. Fishy or not.

    3- How do I feel about it? Depends on if it's between my toes or up my butt crack.

    4- Off that list, I'll take the raisins. Especially if chocolate coated.

    5- Two letters: A C.

    6- I'm walking on sunshine... whoaah...

    7- don't have one off the top of my head that was that bad. There was a surly waitress at one restaurant when my kids were little. I explained her lack of tip earned in crayon on the placemat.

    8- thank God the reading list is back to normal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I worked night shift, I used to sing "Here come the sun," as soon as the sun would start coming up cause I knew that would be the end of my shift!
    Good luck with the job transition, I'm sure its going to be a tough change. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been busy heer too, and I'm not blogging the way I enjoy, but it can't be helped. Good luck with all your work committments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my grandpa had a slip n slide! Those were sure fun! :) He'd wait til its all dried out and fold it in the box every time! kinda funny though although at the time i thought it was weird of him to do that. At my house we had a swimming pool so i was able to cool off most of the hot summer days on SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the smell of a charcoal briquette BBQ. Always remember that from my youth. The jumping in the pool. Then running to the street when hearing the bell of the ice cream truck.

    Summer memories.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!