Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where? I remember going to the Dallas zoo when I was in elementary, and to a very cool Spanish Missions when I was in junior high and attended catholic school in Coronado, Ca., in high school we went on trip to Austin and visited the Capital and LBJ library.
 2. What's something you're tired of seeing online? I can tell you that I am so tired of tons of my facebook connections do nothing but sell stuff- MaryKay, Pampered Ched, Scentsy, Plexus, you name it! They never post about themselves or family, etc. Just buy my crap over and over. HAHA- can you tell it annoys me?
 3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'? I will go with No rose without a thorn. The move is a rose to have a house, backyard, and closer to work, but as mentioned the last few weeks, lots of thorns popped up. 
 4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill? I like charcoal but we have gas grill and my hubby does the grilling. 
 5. Are you afraid of the dark? Nope. I was always in the lead with my friends hiding behind me when we played Hide and seek outside. 
 6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title. – Hmm, there were lots from the 80’s and I am total 80’s girl!! Here are a few that I liked: Edge of Seventeen ( Stevie Nicks –my fave), Its not in the title but everyone knows 867-5309 (Jenny), 1999 by Prince, I cant drive 55 (Sammy Hagar), Summer of 69 ( Bryan Adams). 
 7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not? I do agree. I’ve always believed that the very things you like about a person can be the things that drives you crazy about them. My example is that Hubby always loved my brutal honesty and non-sugarcoating and now that we’re married, he said he’s not a fan of it so much. Hmm. 
 8. Insert your own random thought here. I really am not ready to give up blogging but I have lacked either time, topics, or energy to truly blog lately. Next week, Joyce will be on a break so there wont be a Hodgepodge. I’m challenging myself to blog at least twice next week. In other news- PRAISE GOD for insurance because I have my second diamond from jewelry store. They sent my ring off and matched it as close as possible to my lost diamond. No extra fees at all. It’s the same but different. No 2 diamonds are the same so I cant expect for it to be exact. The prongs are different this time and it looks as if it doesn’t sit up as high. Oh well, I’m beyond grateful and its still beautiful for sure! 
Thank you so much for sticking with me during my slow moments. 
Jax is loving his back yard. He has a stick  in his mouth. Any one else's dog likes to eat sticks and pull bark off trees? 

13 comments:

  1. I want to be President of Jax' fan club! ;-) Cute lil stick eater! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Absolutely! He would be honored for you to be the President of his club. He's a busy boy. You would have your work cut out for you.

      Delete
  2. Yes, my dog loves to do both. Not sure why. She also loves clumps of grass after a fresh mowing. Dogs...who knows? haha

    I'm going through a time of that on my blog too. I don't want to quit, but I don't have a lot to say right now. Hoping I'll get it back soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total 80's girl, too. I'm gonna have 867-5309 stuck in my head today, thanks to you. LOL.
    Funny how everything that once attracted us to our mate, and vice versa, becomes an irritation sometimes over the course of years. I admired my husband's planning nature; now I wish he were more spontaneous. He loved my ability to talk to anyone and everyone with ease; now he tries to shoo me out of places where I might strike up a conversation with a complete stranger about empty nesting, chocolate, or dogs. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie is notorious for sticks! Though now with no backyard she is stickless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Facebook should be a place to connect, share your life not sell your product. Always loved that Prince song....1999 seemed to far away! I try to post 3 times a week. I am sure your diamond is safer being set a little lower. Glad Jax is loving his new yard. No I've never had a dog that pulls bark off the tree......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so on board with you on the blogging thing. I can't quite let it go, but it is nowhere near the top of list - not that it ever was....just don't know what to do. It seems to be running around the internet because three of my regular reads have given up blogging in the last few weeks...it is just crazy! Love that sweet boy Jax...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1-Flick over to Martin World News and read my reply to Rawkinrobin for that answer.
    2-People who think memes should be used for anything but humor.
    3-I'll go with the thorn. God knows I don't smell like one!
    4-On grilling, I'm not a producer, I'm a consumer.
    5-No, just the crap IN it...
    6-Hard to beat your list! But as I range a bit farther back, I might throw in One by 3 Dog Night, Two Divided By Love by the Grass Roots, and Beachwood-45789 by the Marvellettes. Anything but 96 Tears (gag!)
    7-I'm too busy irritating myself.
    Random: When we lived in Meadowbrook, we had neighbors with a really cool dog named Jax. Much cooler than the losers who owned him. They didn't abuse him or anything, but it was obvious he craved more love than he was getting. From what I saw, that was a common complaint in that household.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our 2 year old Pit Mix LOVES to find sticks in the yard and try to sneak them in the house! I didn't even think of Edge of 17! GREAT answer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sick of seeing anything about Kimye online! Enough already!

    School trips were the best. It was a day out of class and fel like a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be singing "8675309" for the rest of the day as well as the other songs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, Summer of 69 is in my list of top 100 favorite songs of all time. I almost said that, but was listening to a 'number' song at the time, so went with it. So glad you got your diamond back! I'm late to the party, but trying to catch up before the next HP rolls around. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!