Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hodgepodge this Wednesday



1. When I look at the sky I feel______so small.  To look at the moon and stars and know that we all can see it and share that together is so cool.  When I was traveling all the time, I loved looking out the window and flying through the clouds. They looked like soft pillows.

2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this? I do not have any desire to run for political office.  You cant please everyone but when you’re in office it seems as if you cant please anyone. If I had to, I would be vice-president so I could have my own projects but completely support and backup the Prez.

3. What scent makes you think of home? Cinnamon or vanilla.

4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection?  I do this often.  Many large “life events” have occurred in the last few years. My wedding, my Dad’s illness, Todd’s new job, my company merger,etc.  All these make me sit back and think about all the changes and my future.  I certainly don’t need more self-reflection so maybe a little less.

5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream? Um a nice warm brownie or peach cobbler. I cant choose between the two.

6. What might your autobiography be called?  Two Lungs and a Wedding.

7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why?  Bus. I rode a bus from Wyoming to Dallas when I was in college and it took FOREVER!! Way too many stops. Its stinky in the back. Seats are so uncomfortable.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  Not this weekend but next weekend I will be flying into Rapid City, South Dakota to join my husband and our group in Sturgis. I’m getting excited now that I am starting to feel better.  I need a vacation so bad!  I know this may sound silly but I have anxiety over leaving my puppy. He’s never spent the night without us since the day we got him last December.  He’s staying with some good friends of ours who have 2 big dogs and they love Jax.  He will have fun but I’m still nervous.   Oh and this is my 3rd post this week. What? I  know! I’m on a roll. HAHA. 

And to leave this post with some music, this is silly but one of my favorite songs from the 90's.
Peaches from The Presidents of United States of America ( that's the name of group-lol).

 

7 comments:

  1. 1- Blessed. Sun, air, wind- yeah, blessed.
    2- Dictator for life. Only way to get anything positive done apparently- and not pay for it in a couple years, lol!
    3- You don't wanna know...
    4- Never. I'd have run screaming into the night long ago if I did.
    5- I'm not a mixer. Just put some cool-whip on top, I'll eat the cake later.
    6- Why You Should Never Fall Off The Monkey-Bars And Other Enchanting Stories.
    7- Yeah, bus works. But I've never been on a subway...
    8- Why do you think we only take day trips?

    And Peaches? Uh, yeah, I'll stick with Lump ( we worked with a girl who unknowingly picked up that song for a nickname back in the day)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jax will have a fun sleepover with his buddies! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I loved all of this. But I really hope you write the "Two Lungs and a Wedding," book STAT!!! I'm so so so happy this crazy blogosphere connected us <3
    LOOOOVE Peaches! Millions of peaches… peaches for free <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I flew home from Florida it was in the evening and on both sides of the plane, off in the distance, there was lighting. Those soft pillows lit up on the inside and it was amazing to see. So when I am President you can be my VP. Love your book title. I was going to say bus but I have a blog friend overseas who has been a bus driver for years and I didn't want to offend her. I am sure Jax will be fine. Will you be seeing Mt. Rushmore? I don't think I have ever heard that song. Enjoy your trip and glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed something and am gonna need an explaination for that book title : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice cream with hot chocolate syrup! Or butterscotch!

    Two Lungs and a Wedding! Love it!

    Mine might be - Age is just a number to Peter Pan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think Jax will have a ton of fun but I can understand your concern lol..I hope you have a WONDERFUL time on vacation!! :) pumpkin or sugar cookie and pinesol remind me of home! lol.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!