Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hodgepodge

Thank goodness for Hodgepodge questions so I can do a quick post this week!
 

1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?  I stay constantly busy. I cant tell you the last time I’ve been bored.  I love to read, I’m still unpacking at the house, I can get on Pinterest on ipad and be lost for an hour.

2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for?  I made an airplane reservation flying into Rapid City, South Dakota for first week of August.

3. What's one thing on your summer 'bucket list'? Any plans to make it happen?  This ties into question #2- we are going to Sturgis! It’s been planned since last year and I cant believe its almost here. I am not allowed to take any vacation days off of July so i am flying in for the weekend. Todd and our group are riding the bikes there and back.  Its my second time to go but my first time to be there with Todd.

4. What's your favorite summertime sip? I love Arnold Palmers- sweet tea mixed with lemonade

5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension? Its best to just let them vent and get it out. Listen to them and see if there are valid points that you can agree on.  If its really out of control, just walk away. 

6. Your favorite film set in summer?  I would say Grease.  The movie takes place at the end of the school year and summer is about to start.  I loved that movie!!  I also loved all the campy beach movies with Annette Funicello and Frankie .

7. What word are you using too much lately? Merger..    I’m constantly saying “due to the merger”, “because of the merger”,  “the merger”.    Cant help that my work life which is over half of time spent has drastically changed. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.  I am working from home today and I am super sick. I got up for  work yesterday , drove to office, had some breakfast and then out of nowhere- I got so dizzy I couldn’t see. I got super nauseous and hot and my coworker drove me back home. I was too dizzy to drive.  I have had spinning spells today too and its awful.  My stomach hurts and head is dizzy and not sure whats wrong with me. I had to train a class earlier and man it was very hard to get through!  I don’t have  time to be sick and this bites.  I sound like a total downer today yall but I don’t get this sick too often.

 

9 comments:

  1. Have fun in Sturgis! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubs would like to go to Sturgis. It's not high on my bucket list, but never say never, right? Pinterest is a great cure for boredom! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're better enough for Sturgis! Not a biker myself, but know enough of them who treat it like the Hajj.... Have a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't sound like any of us are bored! Hope you figure out what's wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you about Sturgis...you guys are going to have an amazing time!!!! I hope that the doctor can give you some answers next week, but I hope you get to feeling better in the mean time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Love you and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my lovely girl, I hope you are feeling better. Perhaps the heat is getting to you? That must have been super scary, and I hope the doctor is able to give you some answers on Tuesday. Sucks you couldn't get in sooner.
    Looove you! Hope you feel well in time for Sturgis

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the sudden I wanna sit on a motorcycle and watch Grease. LOLOL

    GIRL! Get better quick!!!

    xoxoxo Robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely get lost on Pinterest....I love it! I love grease, fun movie. I imagine you are feeling a lot better by now. Sorry you were sick.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!