Thursday, July 17, 2014

In a fog

Its Thursday and I'm so glad the weekend is close by.  Saturday is going to be a wonderful day of celebration and I'll be at Dads one year anniversary ( new birthday) of his double lung transplant.
It's hard to think that this time last year, dads health was declining rapidly and was at our desperation stage of anything and a miracle. 
This is Dad , a week after his surgery and eating a burger.  The guy next to him was the hospital priest and he's still in touch with us.  Having a burger was HUGE, the last few months leading to the surgery, dad couldn't eat because it literally wore him out.  He lost too much weight. It was awful to see him struggle. 
And here is dad last week riding one of his horses. I tear up thinking how awesome this is. 

I am currently on a medication that helps with the dizziness but I feel like a zombie. It makes me very tired and Todd said I look "checked out".  All I want to do is lay down.  Kinda hard to do when you're at the office.



Good news is that we're getting rain right now in Dallas and we so need it! Its bringing the temps down which I am happy about  it and our yard is getting watered.   Perfect napping weather.....


 

Have a great day y'all! 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daddy's recovery! I'm sure you cherish every day you get to spend with him! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith brings miracles... but the biggest miracle is faith itself. Give him a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dad looks amazing. Having asthma for 40 years and now COPD I use to dream about getting a lung transplant. So happy for him! Have a wonderful celebration.
    Maybe you could take half the medication and get some results without the zombie effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing! God bless your Dad and his second go at life!!
    Hope you can manage a bit of down time during the weekend so you can get to totally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos of your dad's transformation (for a lack of a better word) is incredible! Congrats to great health! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!