Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3yr Blog anniversary

Hey y'all- Happy Tuesday! I'm back to work after my long weekend vacation. I took last Friday to go to Sturgis for the weekend and yesterday to recoup from the weekend.  I'm glad I did take Monday off because my flight from Denver was hours delayed and I didn't get home until after 1am closer to 2.  My friends Debbie and Mark kept Jax for us while we were gone and Debbie dropped him off on her way to work yesterday. When he got there, we played outside for about 10 minutes and then laid down for a few hours nap. I somehow broke my toenail way down on my toe and so I had to get a pedicure and they put that acrylic powder over it to help it stay put as it grows out.  After that, I pretty much stayed at home and did laundry and vegged out rest of the day.
Today is my 3yr blogging anniversary.  Honestly the time has flown by! Its funny to think how much I've learned since day one on the blog.  If you've seen the list of what NOT to do, you can bet I did all of them starting out.  I originally started the blog as an avenue to document my Dad's road with his lung disease. This time 3 years ago, Dad and Deb were heading out to the Dominican Republic to look into stem-cell treatments.  How awesome is it that 3 years later, he is doing great with a new life from his double-lung transplant?!   It was a crazy emotional roller coaster with more lows than highs and i'm glad I have them documented. It really does help to read how far we've come.
Heck, three years ago I was ending an 8 year long relationship that was very painful and now I am happily married to a whole other man that is my best friend and about to celebrate our one year anniversary at the end of this month. Changes are good.
I'm not doing any kind of special give-away or celebration for this anniversary.  I do just want to say THANK YOU for all those who have encouraged me, supported me and commented on this blog. I have some loyal readers who have been with me for a long time. I cant even tell you how much I truly appreciate you.  I love it that I actually have true friends now outside of blog world that I've met thru blogging.  To have a "Blogger family" is too awesome for words and I don't take any of it for granted.
happy anniversary photo: Happy Anniversary anniversary_lg_wht1.gif
I cant wait to tell you about my trip to Sturgis but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm still drowning in a sea of emails at work I have to get through.
 I'll leave you with some cute pictures that Debbie sent me while I was gone of Jax.
He's hiding under the table so the big dogs won't take his treat. 

Three black dogs eating 

Three black dogs napping

In my truck on our way to Debbie's house. 


Action shots of him running and jumping with his friends.  

Have a great day and thanks again! 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 3 Years! How exciting! It looks like Jax had a great time! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 black dogs... you can almost hear Led Zep! Three years... funny how so many bloggers start a blog for a specific reason, and it evolves so quickly into something they never expected. Now, me- my blog is still true to it's original intention- a place for me to shoot off my mouth. I'm just blessed that I've come amongst some people willing to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 3 years of blogging!!!
    Looks like Jax had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy blogaversary!!!! can't wait to hear all about sturgis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Jax had a ton of fun keeping up with the 2 big boys! No doubt he needed an hours long nap snuggled up to his mama!
    Despite the delays, glad you had a great time in Sturgis, and glad you got home safely! Happy 3 years blogaversary!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversay!!!! It looks like Jax was having a great time while you were away!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!