1. The best part of waking up is____taking my sweet puppy out to the backyard and both of us stretching and shaking the cobwebs out. How many of you sung the jingle to Folgers when you read the question? Cant help it!
2. Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for those non-adventurers...which would you dislike the least?)- Swim with the dolphins at one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten minutes from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California condors?
It’s a toss between the dolphins and the lions. I really would love to do both. Florida is easier to get to though so I may end up doing that before the lion encounter in Africa. The condors being the least but I would take ANY excuse to get to California.
3. What is something you fear about 'old age'? What is something you look forward to? I look forward to the AARP and senior discounts in restaurants and retail shops. I look forward to the day I’m retired and I can sit still and look back on how long and hard I’ve worked. I fear dying alone and being too sick to take care of myself. I don’t want to live with Alzheimer’s or a crippling disease that would put me in a position to burden someone else. I cant even think about it without getting very sad.
4. Hot sauce...are you a fan? If you answered yes, what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1-10 how hot is too hot? I love a good mild to medium sauce that has great flavor. I am not a fan of it being too hot. I am very fortunate and biased of living in Dallas with the best salsas around. I love chips and hot sauce and can eat it every week.
5. It's been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house? I don’t have kids of my own. I have 2 stepkids that are both teenagers and they don’t come over often anymore. I did babysit last weekend and the boys didn’t want to leave. I would hope they know that they can have fun and be safe at my house while at the same time abide by rules.
6. What's your favorite movie with a number in it's title? Hmmm, for teenage campy I loved Sixteen Candles, for a scary creeper I liked Seven and old cheesy would be Three Amigos.
7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell a Joke Day...share one here. Here is a wine joke: Father O'Reilly was driving down to Boston when got stopped for speeding in Medford. The highway patrol officer smelled alcohol on the priest's breath and then saw an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.
He said, 'Father, have you been drinking?'
'Only water', replied Father O'Reilly.
The policeman asked, 'Then how come I can smell wine?'
The priest looked at the bottle and said, 'Good Lord! He's done it again.'
8. Insert your own random thought here. So last night we all got the news that Lauren Bacall died at the age of 89. I had always heard death happens in 3’s. Do you believe that?