Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I jinxed myself

Hey y'all! I am working in Livonia, Michigan this week and have been swamped. I don't have much time, I'm on a quick break while my conference room I'm training in is being used for another meeting. So I have to tell you that my heart is broken in pieces. I jinxed myself by posting last week about Opie.  Last Saturday night, his owners called and claimed him. I told them we would bring him over the next day after church. I cried and cried and cried and can barely type this now , trying not to cry in front of all these strangers.  
I had bought these cute Halloween costumes for him and Jax and I let him keep his.  I got way too attached to this little dog you guys and he had the sweetest soul. Opie wanted to be carried by me or just held and that last night, he practically slept on me. If I moved over, he would move too / closer.  As it turned out, his name is Riley. His owner was a young girl and he stayed a lot at her parents house with her brother and 2 other dogs.  Opie ( he will always be Opie), was so smart, he learned how to open the gate and is how he got out in the first place. 
I know I jumped the gun and shouldn't have let myself get too attached to him after just one week.  I can't explain how special he was and how much I loved him. When we got home from dropping him off, Jax looked for him in all the rooms and then he literally cried out loud for a second because he missed him. 
We definitely need to get Jax a buddy because he was so happy and had fun with Opie.  Is it crazy that I have cried the ugly cry more times than I can count over a dog? 
I miss Jax so much and Todd is so awesome to text me a picture of him everyday while I'm gone.  Good news is that I am flying to Montana in 3 days to visit Mom for a week.  I need that time to unwind and cry in the mountains for Opie.  The little gal who is the owner, did agree to a play date soon with Jax. I asked her if we could stay in touch.  That helps for sure.  The pictures are terrible because I'm crying but I wanted to have some of him and them together with Jax. 
I love the one with his sweet head resting on me. That's how  he was. So sweet! 


Have a great day y'all! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh so sad for you! But, how lucky for Opie! Not only does he get to go home but he had someone to watch over him when he was lost. I know that has to be hard though, I've cried my fair share over dogs. No shame in that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...at least you took care of him for a bit. You did a good deed and I'm sure the owners appreciated that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have been with me when we had to put Scrappy's predecessor down...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so sorry - I'm crying too - I hope that you can find another buddy for Jax (and for you too)
    Hang in there.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dang! Sending you a hug ((Holli)) I'm so glad you get to have play dates. Keep in touch with his other family. Who knows? -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m sorry you had to give Opie up and that you're so heartbroken. I know the feeling as I'm SO attached to my animals too. Hopefully you'll find another dog just as special as Opie to join your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog via The Regular Guy. Hope you get another!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the ugly cry. Grace was staying at my friend Heather's for two night and she was missing for a little over two hours....I was HYSTERICAL!!!! At least you can visit and keep in touch...that does make things a bit easier. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!