Monday, October 13, 2014

Hold Fast

Good morning y'all! Hope everyone's weekend was good. We got tons of much needed rain last night and its wonderful. Wonderful for the lakes, trees, grass, etc.  Terrible for my head because the storm brings in a crazy sinus headache and my allergies are now kicking my butt.
I've kind of had a melancholy feeling in my heart as I move thru motions at work , home and over the weekend.  Todd is still working crazy hours and every night this week has been lonely because he comes home at 3am. My Dad is in the hospital but he's on the mend and should be released sometime this week. My mom has been very very sick and has even had a hospital visit of her own.  It really gets me down with my closest people are not good.  Honestly, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Jax as my companion to love on and play with during the evenings and days i'm home.
Unless you're living in a cave you've probably heard by now that yet another person in Dallas has been diagnosed with Ebola.  Its a scary world we're living in y'all and i'm not convinced that its only contained through bodily fluids.
With all things going on , I am finding myself seeking comfort and listening to this song on my ipod and phone by MercyMe- Hold Fast.


I did have a great day with my precious grandma Nanny last Saturday and we stopped in my favorite antique stores close to her house. I'll tell you about everything I bought later this week.

Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Not that I want to spread any rumors, but I'll sure feel better when they figure out just HOW that nurse got it too. Or, maybe not, depending...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a nurse, I will say just how much we are exposed to. I've been in contact with patients using just standard precautions (handwashing, and wearing gloves if coming in contact with his or her body fluids), and AFTER the fact learning the patient had tuberculosis. I wish it were different, that we could gown, glove, and wear a mask with any patient who comes through the door of the hospital, but unfortunately, it does not work that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that Jax can be a comfort for you right now. Glad your dad is on the mend and keeping your parents in my prayers. I am very scared about the Ebola and my husband travels all the time. I pray we can get this under control. If it is airborne we are in big trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!