Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sway

So i'm kinda obsessed with the rock band Blue October who happens to be Texas boys.  Over the years, the lead singer Justen has really had a lot of struggles.  To deal with those struggles he got addicted to drugs and alcohol  and really spiraled to a dark place.  He had a brutal custody fight of which he lost his oldest daughter to his ex-wife or girlfriend several years ago and I cant imagine the pain of that.  Like many anguished singers you hear about, he wrote his best songs that really put the band on the charts for a long time during his hardest times.
Eventually Justen sobered up and wrote a new album titled "Sway".  I think you can tell a huge difference between his sad years of writing to his new happier writing.  I really like the new stuff especially knowing of his struggles. He is now happily remarried and has another little girl that is adorable. I follow him on facebook and twitter in case you're wondering how I know.
Here are 2 songs that I like a lot from both past and present.

This one is Hate Me -



This next one is Sway from the titled album Sway.  Who wouldn't want their special person telling them they want to dance with them because time is precious?!

 
 
Are you familiar with this band? 
 
Have a great Wednesday y'all!!!

5 comments:

  1. I have another blog friend who's a BO nut, but I myself had never listened. I couldn't get Laurie to dance if Jesus walked in and said, "You have two minutes-GO!" I think I have heard Hate Me... fabulous song! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to this band! The first song is so very sad! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this! By the way, I LOVED meeting you. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I know this guy! I just didn't know this name. Usually I never know the artists you write about, ut I LOOOOOVE that Hate Me song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, lOVE THEM!!!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!