Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This and That

Good morning talk! Happy Tuesday. Things have been really crazy around me and I've just not had the time to blog like I'd like to. To start, my dad is back in the hospital. He went in last Thursday with some pain and it was determined he had gallstones. Due to his transplant, and long story he wasn't able to have his surgery the quick and easy laproscopic way. They had to cut him open and they found 11 stones and one of them was stuck in a duct pipe and had to have that surgically removed.  He's in a lot of pain and that's hard to watch.  Daddy has been through so much.  Anyway, in my spare time I'm at hospital visiting him and giving my stepmom a break.
Then, have I mentioned that my husband  has worked 26 days straight with no days off? Yep, his work landed a big piece of business and it was overwhelming and they didn't have the manpower and equipment to handle it. He's worked 3 overnighters where he never even came home until the next day.  Last night was the first night he came home before 9 and we were able to have dinner together. I miss him and worry about him working so much. We are not 25 anymore. 
So to change subject, I went to a few garage sales last Saturday and I scored a few things that make me happy.  First , I grabbed this mason jar drink dispenser. I'm so excited to use it for my HOLLIween party and make up a fun drink.  I got a great deal (3$) because the previous owner said it had small leak and they gobbed it with some ugly glue. 
Next , I found a nice king size white old fashioned blanket that has white pompom fringe. I love it! It reminds me of one my grandma used to have. It has a few minor stains but I don't care. And again , I only paid 3$ for that too. Yay! 
The picture isn't good- I snapped it from my linen closet. 

Lastly, I bought these 4 candle holders that I'm going to paint purple also for my HOLLIween party. I normally wouldn't paint anything purple but typically the main halloween colors are orange , black , and purple and green.  So pretty soon I'll have a post with a before and after pictures of their transformation. 

I'm way behind on my Halloween decorating and it's stressing me out. I did put up a few things on Sunday. 
Jax did not like the raven I put up in the hallway. Lol!! What makes this more funny is that Jax rarely barks.
Have a great day!!

3 comments:

  1. ELEVEN???!!!?!? Geez, that's gotta be murder! My bro had a surgery like that decades ago and came back looking like a victim of Zorro! How do you fail to staff properly to THAT extent? Hope the wave breaks soon. Jax has a very cute voice. Whatta guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that about your dad. Hope he has a fast recovery!

    Also, you guy needs a few days off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dads gallstones. Wow that is also a lot of days to work without a day off! I love the mason jar dispenser. Sounds like your going to have a fun party. That is so funny about Jax barking at the raven. Skye rarely barks except when she hears the lawn mower guy on Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!