Monday, November 17, 2014

Hash Brown Casserole

Good morning,  its always been my tradition to make the hashbrown casserole for Thanksgiving dinner.  For the last 13 years , I have celebrated Thanksgiving dinner the night before on (Wednesday) along with several other volunteers. My friend hosts the dinner at their house and we have all the tradition food- turkey, potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, etc.
This year i'm making  the hash brown casserole to take to my inlaws on the actual day since i'm not volunteering this year on Thanksgiving.
Its so easy and yummy.
  • 1 2 pound package frozen Hash Browns
  • 8 ounces Sour cream
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion ( I use the purple onion)
  • 2 cups grated cheese. I always use Sharp Cheddar but many people use colby

Directions


  1. Place potatoes in a greased 9x—13 inch pan.
  2. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in the microwave.
  3. In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, and melted butter. Mix these items together. Pour soup mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.

Cracker Barrel's Hash Browns Casserole

4 comments:

  1. I totally put this page in my favorites storage. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh....I wish I had a bowl of this right this minute! Sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy, thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I'm heading over to your place for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!