This year i'm making the hash brown casserole to take to my inlaws on the actual day since i'm not volunteering this year on Thanksgiving.
Its so easy and yummy.
- 1 2 pound package frozen Hash Browns
- 8 ounces Sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion ( I use the purple onion)
- 2 cups grated cheese. I always use Sharp Cheddar but many people use colby
- Place potatoes in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in the microwave.
- In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, and melted butter. Mix these items together. Pour soup mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.