Thursday, January 15, 2015

My bed spring crafty project

A few weeks ago I helped a friend move. In her garage she had a toddler bed that she was going to take to dumpster because you can't donate them for sanitation reasons. I asked her if she minded if I took it. She was confused as to why but said I could have it.  I took it home and cut big deep hole in it hoping it would have the traditional springs in it and I was in luck.  They were covered pretty solid and it took me close to an hour to completely strip it of all the fabric and insulation. I don't have any pictures of me tearing it apart. I can never remember to take the Before pictures. 
I hung the mattress springs on the wall in my "craft room". It's my spare room that I'm trying to get together more organized.  I bought some glitter bird ornaments off clearance after Christmas that clip on and I added them to the springs. I also added 2 strands of battery Christmas lights to it and I love it but I don't have a picture with those added. Anyway, what do ya think?  I am currently adding photos and using decorated clothespins. 
I guess I'll take another picture and show yall soon what it looks like now. I was just excited to show you what I did so far. 



5 comments:

  1. I gotta say, you come up with imaginative uses for stuff I'd swear would be eyesores... but they end up anything but! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it....so different and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very interesting idea. Very crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are so creative and this is so stinkin' cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!