Monday, January 5, 2015

Year in review 2014

Hey my sweet blogger friends. Happy New Year to you.  My blogging has taken the backseat lately because life has been hectic.  I'm not off to a good start this year in that my stepdad Don passed away yesterday. My family is struggling and grieving right now.  I will write a post about Don soon. Until then, I am joining in on the year in review that is hosted by Nicole at Three 31.



What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Gone to Sturgis with my husband

Did you keep your new years’ resolutions? Will you make more in 2015? Didn’t make any for last year or this year

Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, a few friends from church and my cousins wife

Did anyone close to you die? Yes, I lost a coworker friend Chuck

What countries did you visit? Never left the US in 2014

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? Better health

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory? 8-31-14- Celebrated one year wedding anniversary.  Feb 14, My mom went into hospital unconscious for a few days, July 21 celebrated Dad’s lung transplant year anniversary

What was your biggest achievement of the year? I celebrated 19th year anniversary at work

What was your biggest failure? Not writing the letters I wanted to my loved ones

Did you suffer illness or injury? Same story every year- my back goes out and then hurts for weeks. I didn’t get too sick in 2014 but had more migraines than normal

What was the best thing you bought? Technically I bought my newest dog when I adopted her in October

Whose behavior merited celebration? Not sure about this

Where did most of your money go? Vacation to Sturgis and Montana

What did you get really excited about? My visit to Mom in Montana

What song will always remind you of 2014? Stay with me, All of me, Happy and All about that bass – those are the ones for me that will remind me of 2014

Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or sadder? Sadder. My stepdad passed away this past weekend ( Jan.4) so not good start to my year

Thinner or fatter?  Unfortunately I’m a whole size larger.

Richer or poorer? Poorer. My company changed pay structure to once a month.

What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I was more active for my health

What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying and stressing over things I cant control

How did you spend Christmas?  Christmas Eve day was with Todd’s family, Christmas Eve Pm was at church, and Christmas Day was with my Dad, stepmom Deb, stepbrother Draeger and his girlfriend Susie, my husband Todd and some good friends Darryl and Mickie

Did you fall in love in 2014? More in love with my husband

How many one-night stands? NA

Who were your best friends? T, Diana, Kimi, my cousin Jadona, and Wendy

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others? I volunteered more than I have in one year in 2014- I clothed the needy, fed the homeless, worked at kids toy program and helped organize it

What were your favorite TV shows? American Horror Story, Parenthood, Sons of Anarchy, the Voice

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I really don’t want to hate anyone but I very much dislike someone this year that has caused my husband grief

What was the best book you read in 2014? The woman I wanted to be: Diane Von Furstenberg

What was your greatest musical discovery? I would say Sam Smith. His voice is beautiful. I also discovered that I can somewhat play the guitar. I began lessons in 2014.

What did you want and get?  I adopted another dog so Jax could have playmate. We have our sweet Lila now.

What did you want but did not get? I cant think of anything that I don’t have so I must not want something too bad

What were your favorite films this year? I only saw a few movies last year but I did like the last Hobbit movie I saw over Christmas

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 46 and I had a party at Strokers. It was supposed to be at Club Schmitz but we couldn’t get in because they closed a few weeks later

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Probably more peace with Todd’s job. He worked crazy hours and didn’t come home sometimes and it was stressful

What kept you sane? Venting to my friends, holding my dogs and reading

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Charlie Hunnam. He was the lead on SOA and 2014 was the shows final season.

What political issue stirred you the most? The Ferguson protests and the police assassination.

Who do you miss?  We lost Robin Williams in 2014 and that was a huge loss to the celebrity world. I will miss his humor.

Who are the best new persons you met this year? I met a blogger in person that I really enjoyed – Kathie at Hillbilly Debutante and I made new friend with someone from church and her same in Sherry. I even went to her wedding last month.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.  Don’t think about it do it. I have best intentions and good ideas and then I put it off and sometimes its too late.
Quote that sums up the year:  Life is simple, its just not easy

3 comments:

  1. So awfully sorry for your loss. HUGS! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote. 7 words to explain a lifetime. I'm sending you prayers for your family. Starting the New Year off with a loss isn't easy or simple. Many blessings to you and Todd for years to come.
    XO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great list of questions. It was very interesting reading your answers. Robin Williams death was very sad. That quote is excellent!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!