Monday, February 2, 2015

Add another one to my collection

I have a crazy obsession with bird cages. I love them. I have quite a few ahem too many but I just can't stop. Last weekend I was coming home from church and right in the corner was a garage sale and the first thing I saw- a birdcage.  I made a quick u-turn and stopped to check it out. 
I actually have been pretty good and didn't buy one last year. That was my reasoning that I should buy this one.  They started off high and was asking 25 then went down to 15 but I really did only have a 10$ bill with me and there's a big crack in the bottom.  So I ended up only paying the 10$.  It's not vintage at least I don't think so. It does have a vintage 70's look with the plastic.  I love the design in the frame which is hard to see by this picture. 
Right now it's on the back porch and its a hanging birdcage so I need to find the right place to hang it. I'm deciding what color I'll be spray painting it. The funny thing is that I don't have birds - I just like the cages.  I should do a post with all the ones I have in my house. 
Do you have a collection of anything that enjoy adding to? 

2 comments:

  1. Among others, me and Scrappy have been saving "orphaned golf balls" for about three years. Got half a shoebox full. No idea what we'll do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at me, commenting on blogs! It's a miracle! We had a parakeet named Skittles when I was real young, and no joke, he had that exact cage! Steve collects beer bottle caps and has thoursands in boxes in our basement. He swears he's going to do something with them...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!