Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Catching Up- Bob Seger,Girls movie night and Valentines with Tig

Oh my goodness! I was doing so good there for a few weeks on blogging and then BAM - I'm behind.  I have good reasons. Crazy busy with work and not feeling well.  So I left off here on the blog during the week of Valentines. I had such a fun and busy weekend.
It started with concert tickets to see Bob Seger that Thursday night (2/12).  Todd came home early from work and we went to dinner first at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants Avilla's. They have the best mango margaritas in town! After dinner we were real close to the stadium so we got parked. I bought a tshirt while the opening band was playing. I didn't even catch the name of them but they weren't famous.   The concert was fantastic!!! I grew up listening to his albums with my mom and I sang along word for word.  What was cool was I told Todd that I hoped he played 2 specific songs that were my favorites - and he actually opened up with first song with one of my songs. Yay!! 
The only bummer of the night is getting out of the parking lot after concert. What a nightmare! It took us over 45 minutes just to get out of the lot. Still worth it! 

The following night was Friday the 13th. I took the day off work because I had to get some blood work done that morning so my Dr will refill my meds. I got a pedicure after the clinic and went to the Harley shop for Todd valentine gifts. I had plans with some of my blogger friends to meet in Ft Worth to have dinner and to see a movie ( 50 shades of grey).  I rode with girlfriend Julie because she lived out in that direction and knew where to go . It was such a fun night! Matter of fact, I tried some real sushi and it was pretty tasty.  The movie theatre was also a studio grill which meant they served food and drinks during the movie.  I had a milkshake for dessert and it hit the spot. 
The movie was OK but I went to spend the time with friends that I don't see often  enough. 


Some photos borrowed from Julie.

Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday this year and it happened to be gorgeous outside.  Todd and I slept late (7am) and walked across the street to a yummy restaurant that serves great breakfasts.  After breakfast, we drove to one of our favorite Harley shops that's about 30 minutes away.  Todd made an appointment for me to test drive the newer trike that came out this year.  I loved it! It took some getting used to because there's no leaning at all. Todd took it for a spin too.  I was very tempted to buy one that day but I have a few credit cards I want to pay off first. But one day IT WILL BE MINE!!!

Later in the evening, Todd had planned  such a fun time for Valentines. As yall know, Sons of Anarchy was our favorite show that had its last season a few months ago. One of the main characters was Tig played by Kim Coates. Kim was doing a fundraiser for cancer and was at a Harley shop in Grand Prairie. Earlier that day he signed autographs for 20$ and he did that for hours. We didn't do that. Instead, there was a small intimate VIP dinner with 75 other fans and Kim. He spoke to us for a while and then posed for pictures and signed autographs for all of us. He asked for some Texas BBQ and it was catered in. They had a bartender as well and everything was delicious.  It was such a special and unique way to spend Valentines Day with my hubby.  It was a little pricey but totally worth it!


It was a jam packed weekend but fun and memorable.  I had to travel to Nee Jersey the following Monday and that will be a whole other post.  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Look at you Harley girl!!! Lookin' mighty fine on that trike!! Sure hope you are feeling better. What is your favorite Bob Seger song? I'm partial to Old Time Rock and Roll myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what were the two songs? Details, girl, focus! Hard to pick just a couple of Rockin' Robert's, but Fire Lake would definitely be one, Main Street or Beautiful loser would be the other. Roll Me Away would probably be next. Although, at the time back in our teenage days, Her Strut would've been right up there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly had a lot going on. So glad you enjoyed your concert and your night out with the girls.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!