Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Enjoying the Ride


This is my second time I’ve written this post.  I wrote the whole post and at the very end I was adding a label before I saved and I misspelled something. I thought the cancel would take me back to post and instead wiped out the whole thing! So aggravating.

Last Sunday was such a beautiful and gorgeous day!! When Todd was coming home from playing drums in the second church service ( I went to the earlier one and came home after), he called me and asked if I would want to jump on the Harley and have lunch down at Strokers.  Its unusual to have a wonderful day in February so I agreed immediately.  My back was kinda sore but what’s new? I live with chronic back pain everyday.   We have friends in Boston and Chicago that were being hammered with snow and here we were wearing short sleeves and riding the Harley.  When we got there we ordered lunch and then while it was cooking we went inside the store to see if they had a part that Todd needs for our bike. They didn’t have the part but we saw some cute stuff. I was good and didn’t buy anything because I was still happy from my thrifting score the day  before.
Did you know Cookie Monster is a biker on weekends?
I loved this raven pattern!
Raven pearl snap- Yes please!!  Maybe one day

On the way home we went over some bad bumps that really jarred my back and it actually brought me to tears by the time I got home. I was in so much pain and I rarely if ever take pain meds.  I finally couldn’t take the pain anymore and I found one of my old strong pain pills that was a couple years old.  I took it and then went to bed. I was feeling nauseous throughout the night but nothing too bad but I decided to work from home which was a good decision.  By noon, I had to take the rest of the day off and I was so so sick.  I have no idea if it was the medicine I took because I am a lightweight to most drugs or if I actually had some kind of stomach virus. Either way it wasn’t good.  I worked from home yesterday as well but was feeling better by end of day. I’m back to office today but stomach is still queasy.  Not sure whats wrong but I’m so busy and I have to travel next week.

Did I also mention that we have Bob Seger concert tickets tomorrow night? I am so excited to see him again. I first saw him in 96 in Kansas City. That was a long time ago! Todd bought the tickets for Christmas and I bought is Willie Nelson tickets for Christmas but that’s not until April.

Have a great Wednesday yall!

6 comments:

  1. I do not like when I have to rewrite a post.....sorry about that! Love the selfie photo and all the other ones too. So sorry about your back and not feeling well but glad to hear you are better. Enjoy your concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally flashing back to your cough syrup fiasco!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing hitting that button was accompanied by a loud "OHNOOOOOOOOOOO...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day! I'm sorry it ended badly though. Our weather was wonderful last weekend, too! We went 4 Wheelin' and had a blast! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your gorgeous Texas weather Harley weekend! We're those Harley bike seats with all the old school cartoon characters on them?? Love em, they are awesome!
    I'm sorry that being on the bike brought on a horrible pain attack. Narcotic pain meds have the same GI/loopy effects on me. It's great you havr a job that allows.you to work from home when you need to. Hope you're at 100% for your concert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day to get out on the road and bike around. The back pain must suck when riding though.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!