Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentines Day Hodgepodge


So I am a few days late but in sake of playing along AND having a post today, here’s my hodgepodge from Wednesday’s questions.

1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?   I have written a love letter and I have received a love letter.  I kept it for a while but just recently parted with it now that I’m married. I wish I still had one though from a boy when I was in junior high. It was so cute and he wrote lyrics from a song from the band WHO- you better you bet.


2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love? 
Ok its totally sappy times a hundred but I love the Notebook.  When they die together at the end- or lord the tears just cant stop.  Its sad but I love that the ending is with them never apart.

3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?  Quite a few things make my heart sing.  Listening to music, my sweet fur babies, cuddling with my husband every night before we go sleep, reading a good book, talking on phone with my friends, riding the Harley…..

4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly? Probably swiffering the hard wood floors.  I did it the other day but just barely skimmed the surface. 

5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?  Blech.  I used to like tuna when I was a kid that something switched in high school and I cant even stand the smell.  I  wished I liked it. 

6. What's something you 'know by heart'? I can sing whole albums front to back – every word that I know by heart .  Especially older albums I grew up listening to with mom ( Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Foreigner, Waylon Jennings).  

7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.   My bestie and I always say Love you More.   I tell Todd often You’re All Mine.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
I know that most people feel that Valentines is a made up day to make money for stores, Hallmark and Restaurants.  I cant help it though, I have always enjoyed the day. It goes back to decorating brown lunch bags in school and having a party with punch and cupcakes.   There’s nothing wrong with having a day designated to say I love you.  I’ve been single for many many years  and I still didn’t hate Valentines.  Another topic that’s bugging me is the crazy judging taking place to see 50 Shades of Grey.  I  am going tomorrow with some girlfriends that I love hanging out with and haven’t seen in ages.  We are having dinner and seeing the movie.  I am going to spend fun time with friends.  My friends are good Christian girls that are also happily married and or dating and there’s nothing wrong with seeing a sexy movie.   Judge us all you want.  I’m not expecting to see an Oscar worthy movie.  I’m also not going to pick it apart on all the awkward parts that may be in it.  It’s a night to enjoy.  

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Valentines Day.

2 comments:

  1. 1- Yes, no, yes, and no.
    2-I really love the round of applause from the gallery when Rose died at the end of Titanic. I thought that was an incredible way to bring it full circle.
    3-Best example... Percy Faith's Theme To A Summer Place.
    4-Nearly any of them, outside the prayer list.
    5-Not big on tuna. But since I don't eat 'em, I won't bash 'em.
    6-Ditto!
    7-For Laurie- "Smell this sock!" lol.
    8-I'd leave ya a box o' chocolates, but I might get an arm broke, and it's too far to drive! But the thought counts, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my blog post today answered all these questions! Happy VDay and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!