Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your emotions tucked in tight? Most of the time on my sleeve. I think with certain people or situations I can hold it in tight though.

2. How did you meet your closest friend? Hard question but I have a few closest friends. Kimi and I met in high school, Diana and I met in the early 90’s and she worked at a boutique. I was looking for a black blazer to wear on job interviews and I told her that. I was hired the next day and worked with her for years.  I am very close with a few of my cousins and they are also my best friends.

3.  Pink lemonade, grilled salmon, cotton candy, pink grapefruit, a strawberry milkshake, or raspberry sorbet...of the pink foods listed, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Which one have you most recently consumed? It’s a toss between pink lemonade and strawberry milkshake. Both sound delicious right now! I am not a fan at all of salmon or grapefruit. When I was a kid, cotton candy was my all time favorite.  I will share one of my most embarrassing stories about myself: when I was maybe 5 or 6, I went to the state fair with my aunt and cousins. I really wanted some cotton candy but didn’t know what it was called .  I also at that time could not pronounce words with the letter ‘S”.  I wore hocks and hoos ( socks and shoes) then. Soooo I asked my aunt for some Pink hair on a dick( aka Stick).   It was all very innocent but that’s one that my family doesn’t let me live down.

4. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.  My husband and I had date night last Friday night. We went to one of our favorite Italian restaurants in our old neighborhood and it was so delicious. Afterwards, we went to the Harley shop that was close by and was about to close in another hour. I sat on one of their new 2015 freecyle trikes and it felt good.  Like really really comfortable! I was tickled pink that it was a smaller bike that I know I can maneuver easily.  I didn’t have time to do the test drive though.

5. Are you a fan of television talk shows? Daytime, nighttime, or both? What's your favorite? I love Ellen. I tape her show because I work full time in an office . I also tape Jimmy Fallon because he's on too late but he has the best time with his guests.

6. When was the last time you wanted to ask a question, but felt too foolish to do so? Every day. My work merger has me scratching my head everyday and sometimes I don’t even know how to ask the questions.

7. My favorite __________________right now is _________________.  Snack right now is Bare chocolate bliss crunchy coconut chips.  SOOO good!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  My mom was supposed to have gall bladder surgery this morning but when she got to hospital, her potassium was too low and they admitted her. She’s been super sick and cant keep anything down. I hate that she live in Montana at times like this. She’s way too far. If you pray- I would appreciate prayers for her.

6 comments:

  1. That coconut snack looks yummy! Do you find it in your supermarket or have to get it at a health food store? I pray, and will add your mom to mine today. Hope she's feeling well enough for surgery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with coconut, so the chips sound delicious! I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to be away from your mom while she's sick. Prayers are being lifted up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for your mom. Riding a motorcycle is something I've wanted to learn how to do. I've only been on the back of one and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Hodgepodge. I hope your Mum recovers well and gets to have her op soon. I had mine taken out a few years ago and the difference is like night and day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- Sleeve. Probably why Scrappy's always trying to pull them off.
    2-I can't answer for fear of incriminating her, lol.
    3-Salmon from the can!
    4- When I read what Belichick said about deflate gate and said to myself, "Wonder how Tom feels about being thrown under the bus by his best buddy?"
    5-Not since they cancelled Mike Douglas. (I was gonna say Space Ghost for the laugh, but I never did watch his talk show.)
    6- How bout today when I called my boss over to ask him something that I realized was completely irrelevant by the time I got there.
    7-How about "song" and "I Don't Want To Go" by Time Crash, which I would have never discovered without searching for that Doctor Who speech for you the other day!

    8- You really have a hard time keeping everyone healthy! She is on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...those chips sound interesting! Where did you find them?
    You need to get back and test drive that Harley! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!