Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sunshine equals spray paint

Happy Wednesday yall!  Here in Dallas lately we've been getting ALOT of rain. We totally need it but it's been very dreary. The dogs have wet muddy feet and our house smells like Fritos. Lol. 
We finally got a break this past weekend and the sun came out.  I've had a few projects waiting to be painted but can't do it if it's raining outside. 
I have lots of mismatched patio furniture and I was excited to start having some match for once.  I had a Pepto-bismol pink wicker chair and a big faded wooden rattan bowl chair that needed a facelift.  I chose a metallic paint that is more on the silver side but also has a tiny  hint of gold. 
I love the outcome and now I still have a green vintage metal chair to paint and I need to cover the seat that goes to the pink chair. Those are next.  I've been debating about the green chair because I love the rusty natural patina that comes with age but I want to make it look good so painted it will be! 

I'm still crazy busy with work and training for 6 hrs straight but I really do love it. This is the part of my job that I live for and is my favorite.  Training my coworkers is the best!  Just tiring and I'm losing my voice. lol. 
Have a great day everyone.  And thanks so much for your support and kind words for my mom.  One day at a time is all we can pray for to her health. I will post about it soon. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow excellent job! I'm in the process of getting all of my moldy cushions recovered. Of course I'm not as crafty as you so I had to hire someone. Continued prayers for your mom's healing strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome makeover! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well-wishes. I used to have to spray paint wicker furniture for my old job's trade shows. Thanks for the PTSD, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting and makeover job! Time to get on HTGV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chair looks great. I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!