Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A to Z April Challenge- Adorable Animals



So you have my permission to laugh. Totally!! I have been a terrible blogger lately and am lucky to post once a week at that.  The funny thing is that I signed up over a month ago to join the blogging challenge of posting everyday for the month of April.  Craziness I tell you!  Truth is I really do want to give this a go.  The posts may not be long and I don't have a certain theme but post I will. I'm also not saying it will go perfect or smoothly but again I want to give it a whirl.
Today is April first so the letter A is my topic.  I want to post about Adorable Animals and by that I mean I my sweet precious adorable fur babies Jax and Lila. 
They bring me so much joy and I love coming home to them every night after work.   They are kenneled and recently I've been trying to test the waters to see if they have to be kenneled all the time when we leave to go somewhere.  They were so good for about a week then they got bored and destructive.  I have to say that it is all Lila.  We adopted her last October and we have no idea what kind of life she lived before us. She has a very deep and ugly scar around her neck which brings me to tears every time I think too much about it.  Lila acts like a dog who has missed many meals. She can smell a snack in my laptop bags and goes for it when I'm not looking.  Jax would never have that about going into my bags. 
I work from home on Friday's and when I stepped out a few weeks ago to grab a bite to eat for lunch, I came home to my brand new Harley Davidson back pack that Dad got me for Christmas- torn to pieces. I literally cried because I just had so much going on personally that it was the last straw.  What used to be 2 separate zipper pockets is one big one because they tore a hole right through one of the compartments.  I had a muffin and a granola bar that I had from when I was traveling for work the previous week.  I also had a package of hot chocolate which is very hard to clean and very messy if it gets torn to shreds and chocolate powder on everything. 
Needless to say that they lost their privileges of being loose out of their kennel.   I still cant stay mad at them for long and I love their sweet faces.  Jax is just one big love bug and he wants nothing more then to sit on our laps and cuddle. 
Here are some pictures of my furry babies:
Todds expression cracks me up. 


So I will be back tomorrow and the following day and even Saturday. Wish me luck! 

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, those dogs are way too cute to stay mad at. Plus, don't get mad, but leaving your backpack out was your fault. They didn't know that they couldn't tear it to pieces. They have to be trained to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct!! I was mad at myself for leaving it out and forgetting to put it up. They have now trained me. lol! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I don't have even pets at my house (except a goldfish) I would not do well with the destructive side of them. But they sure are adorable. Good luck with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not destructive when we're home so they don't stay in too much trouble. I don't know what I would do without them. My husband works late many times and on weekends occasionally and they are such good company.
      thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Have fun with the challenge! Yup - they are a bunch of cute critters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are cute! I hate your brand new backpack got torn up. And I adore your blog header!
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
    A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pets are great indeed, keep life interesting. and of course they like to seat on us in the most awkward ways

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really are adorable! I love the photos.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sweet faces look like they could never do wrong!!! Sorry about the bag, I'd be upset, too. Whenever Linky Cat pees where he shouldn't, he looks so guilty (read: adorable) when he knows I realized what he did. I yell "Bad Linky Cat!" and yet two seconds later I'm saying in a baby voice "but Mommy loooooves you soooooooooo much handsome fuzzy dude!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun challenge! I bet you rock this month and I look forward to seeing all your posts. Oh, those are Adorable Animals! What sweet faces! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying at Todd's expression!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!