Friday, April 3, 2015

D is for Donna aka Mom, mamacita, mother

I didn't have to think for a second on what I was going to write about for letter D.  My moms name is Donna and her friends call her D.K for Donna Kaye.  I call her Mom. 
Mom lives in Too Far Away from Texas, Montana. She's lived away from Texas since I was a sophomore in college which was 20+ years ago.  My sweet little mom also has Lupus and it's slowly robbing her of her good days. This is a hint of what my "L" post will be about. 
Mom and I are super close. She was a very young (17) mom when I was born. You can say that we both grew up together in many ways.  We also have had our huge fights that I also contribute to our closeness. With moms health being in such a poor shape, and with age, I appreciate my parents and every moment with them more than anything. 
I know it sounds like excuses but with mom being so far and with my job and with life in general- it's very hard and painful only seeing her once a year. 
I visited her last year and the year before that she came to Dallas for 3 weeks to be with me for my wedding.  This year , I have a wedding to attend (my cousin Brad) and the wedding is in Idaho.  Montana is not too far so I'm trying to figure out to swing both visits. Of course Mom is majn priority. 
I love her so much and worry about her  daily. Here's Mom:

Call your Mom! Tell her you love her. You only have one true Mom. 

Happy Easter weekend yall! 

8 comments:

  1. Minion Carrie dropping by to cheer you on! Keep up the excellent work! :D Enjoy your day off tomorrow and have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I love all the photos! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your Mom. I'm going to go and call mine right now!
    Kim from Drunk on Life visiting from the A-to-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late for me... lost my mom to another L (leukemia) back in 1976. Just as I was transitioning from Catholic grade school (class of 11 kids) to public high school. Send her a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom looks like a very fun person! Enjoy her while you can

    Smidgen Snippets & Bits

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute to your mom. Thanks for sharing. I was just stopping by from Blogging A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again!

    Sylvia
    www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a few things I want to say about lupus, but I'm too much of a lady to write them. OK, you know I'm not a lady, but I still won't write them here! I had no idea your mom was so young when she had you. In some of the photos you look more like sisters than mother & daughter! I hate to hear how lupus is robbing her, and I pray for her constantly! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!