Tuesday, April 7, 2015

G Is for Grateful

I am so very blessed! I am in my late 40's and I still have both of my grandmothers which also happens to be 88 ( Nanny is 87 but will be 88 this year in July).  They both are independent and still live on their own and Mimi still has a car and takes it out every now and then in the daytime. 
I have both of my parents- Mom and Dad and I have a bonus mom (stepmom) that is incredible.  Sadly I lost my stepdad a few months ago in January.
My Dad had a double lung transplant 2 years ago in June and is making a great recovery. I am so grateful for those amazing skilled surgeons and for the lovely donor who saved my dad's life while their life expired.
I have a brother , a step brother and stepsister. I get along with all of them and we are pretty close.
I have 4 nieces who are so beautiful and smart and precious.
I have a husband who loves me and is supportive of me no matter what.
I have 2 of the cutest dogs a girl could ask for ( don't believe me? go see my letter A post).
I have a job that this September will be my 20 year anniversary. I love my job and I love what I do and I have the best coworkers that some are almost family.
I am so grateful that my job allowed me to travel to many places where I made lasting friends.
I am so grateful that my job allows me to keep my traveling perks such as miles and hotel points.
Because of those points I have been able to fly my mom to San Diego first class on our trip 8 years ago. I flew my grandma (Nanny) first class a few years ago to Montana. I've flown for free 3 other times to Montana to see Mom. I flew my cousins husband to Wichita, KS from Dallas. I was able to book free rooms for my Dad and Stepmom in Santa Domingo 2 different times when he was looking into stem cell research for his lungs (before his transplant). We have stayed many free nights in Galveston, TX on the beach and in Houston for a concert. I gave my brother a free weekend in downtown OKC for his anniversary at hotel.  I am so very grateful for those opportunities to still get away but stay on budget with the help of free rooms and to share my points with my loved ones.
I have family and friends that I can call and cry to and laugh with at any time I need them.
I have a church that knows me by name and sends me texts when I miss church because they missed me. I have a pastor that I can call at any time of day to ask for prayer when something is on my heart- even as little as praying for my root canal to go smoothly 2 weeks ago.
I have some health issues that are not serious or life threatening and are manageable.
I am so very grateful that I was born into the US and that I can vote and read and go to college and live a free life.
I have so much to be Grateful for and appreciative.  Please do not take this post as me bragging. I am simply reminding myself that I am a lucky girl to be me and not to take anything for granted.  Ever.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Holli! I am so grateful to have met you thru blogging! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are blessed. I'm grateful we were able to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list. You are blessed. I too called my grandmother Nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting my blog - I love your A to Z Challenge although I couldn't find a theme reveal post so it looks like you're doing a random A to Z. I read back through your posts and you've picked some great topics for the letters so far. Loved Grateful - I am sure your family are very grateful for the travel blessings you have bestowed on them. I'm stashing away your Valentine's Day post as well - will have to give that a try next February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, YOU are, girl! While you have many wonderful things in your life, you are also the type of person that can find something good in just about any situation. You're a special person in my life. I'm SO glad I know you. It was destined to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see you as bragging. I had one GP I never met, and two more gone by the time I was 8. But I adopted a lot of moms and Grandmas along the way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gratitude is an attitude. I LOVE that you have so much to be grateful and name these blessings.Your post is a great reminder that we have to cultivate gratitude. I'm grateful for the #Challenge that introduces me to new blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very lucky lady. You have a lot to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are certainly blessed! That's amazing that you still have both your grandmom's! My Mom-Mom was the only grandparent still living when I was born, and I miss her so much. Even if you don't get to see them often, check in as often as you can. I only wish I did that more with Mom-Mom.
    You are certainly not bragging silly girl! Life has thrown alot of adversity your way, so embrace the beautiful things! Especially those frequent flyers points!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!