It is really hard to think of a post on the letter X. The symbol “X” means 10 in Roman numerology. So I am going to write about 10 things I am really happy about.
I went to an estate sale this past weekend and really scored some fun stuff at great prices. I stopped by on Friday on my lunch hour and only spent a few minutes there. On Saturday , they lowered the prices to 50% off everything. Woohoo!
- I got this bag of vintage clothes pins for only 1.00$. I bought a small bag that had 3 in them from an antique store around Christmas and paid close to 5$. So this purchase made me really happy!
2. I bought this beautiful ( to me) handmade full size quilt that I’m in love with. I love the bright colors and it has orange in it. For those who don’t know, Orange is my all time favorite color! I have an old wood ladder in my hallway that has quilts draped over the rungs. I like being able to grab one and curl up on the couch with.
3. I bought a wooden wine box that had pretty spools of various lace all for 5$.
I bought a lovely vintage lamp for only 10$. I have seen these same lamps go for close to 50$. And the sockets all work
- I got to celebrate my 2nd cousin’s 40th wedding anniversary. Dad and Deb were there and we had a fun evening.
- I got a 30% off coupon at Kohl’s which really makes me happy. I rarely get those. They had a sale on house slippers where you buy one pair – get the 2nd pair for one penny. My dogs ate my new pair I got for Christmas so I grabbed some for me and mom. I bought Mom a few other fun things and wrapped her package last night. I just need to go to post office and mail it to arrive by Mother’s Day.
- I started my rule again where if I buy a new shirt- I donate a shirt out of my closet. I have a coworker that has 2 boys and her husband cant work. She is on very tight budget and never buys for herself. She loves getting my shirts and I picked out 3 for her that I think she will like. One of them is a new one but I took the tags off and she doesn’t know. She would get mad if she knew I bought it FOR HER so its what I do. I love it!!
- While going through some clothes last night, I also have 2 bags of clothes to donate to a charity I support: Genesis Womens Shelter . It supports abused women who flee from their homes with nothing, and they also help provide resources for employment, and other support to them.
- This Friday will be May 1. My birthday is in May and several other friends and family celebrate in May. I am getting older and that is a blessing! Every day to wake up and be alive is a true gift. I celebrate my birthday all month.
So my numbers got totally messed up. haha!! I cant seem to fix it either. Don't try this at home kids.
We need to make a point to think of at least one thing a day that makes us happy. It's very easy to list the irritations.
Happy Tuesday yall!!