Friday, April 17, 2015

O for oceans and on the road again

Last night was my last night to stay in California.  After work, I drove to Venice Beach where I was meeting my friend Julie.  As I was on my way I saw a nice Harley shop so of course I had to pull in. I grabbed a shirt for my hubs and myself and was out in 15 minutes. I met Julie at a hotel that has a rooftop bar that faces the ocean so you can see the sunsets.  It was so fun! It was packed and we never did get seated but that was ok. Julie invited 2 of her friends to join us and they were so cool.  They were so sweet and acted as if they knew me forever. 
We stayed at hotel bar for a few hours and I was starving. Julie wanted to show me another one of her favorite places to eat and it was so good! It was called Scopas.  I had one of the best pasta dishes ever.  I only had one drink yesterday and it was at the rooftop. A delicious mojito. 
Julie took Uber to the hotel so that she could ride back with me to her house in Pacific Palisades. I stayed the night and got to see her husband Tony and 2 of her kids Henry and Gracie. I love them so much! 
If I was thinking clearly while booking my flights, I should have stayed over the weekend so I could have played more and gone to the beach. I didn't want to leave but I do miss Todd and my sweet dogs.  The only bad part of California is the flight home.  It's a 3 .5 hour flight and then I lose 2 hours with time difference.  I'm basically traveling the whole day. 
I'm actually typing this post from my phone so it's not posting until late today. 
And now for some pics: 
Have a great Friday yall!! 

5 comments:

  1. How sad that you never got seated. But the restaurant that you went to sounded fabulous. I'm sure you will be happy to be home again!

    Smidgen Snippets & Bits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Order me the calamari, and show me the rest of the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beach. Glad you had a good time. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. California does have some great eating places doesn't it? I was in San Diego a couple of years ago and loved eating out. Seeing the ocean is always a plus. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunset photos are spectacular! I love the beach! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!