Tuesday, April 21, 2015

S for Songs

Happy Wednesday yall!!  To my faithful followers that I've been with me for ages- can you believe that I've made it this far in the A to Z challenge? Me either!!  I will admit that i'm glad I did because I've met some really nice people along the way.
 
I have a serious post for Thursday ( letter T) so I am taking it easy with today's post and i'm posting songs again.  If you're not familiar with this challenge, some people (most) choose a topic for the all the posts. Many have chosen songs or artists for their theme so I'm not really cheating at all.  In fact , I wish I would have thought of that idea when I started the challenge.  Maybe next time.  SO.... with the letter S, I have way way way too many bands to choose from and I want to include a little bit of different styles today.
I am going to start with Santana.  They've been around for quite some time and I enjoy their music. This song is a collaboration with one of my favorites Rob Thomas.  Matter of fact, I heard rumors that Rob met his wife Marisol while doing this video with Santana.  Another fact about Carlos Santana, did you know he also designed a shoe line? Very cool and fun sexy shoes. I have 2 pairs!

Now this next band is called Selah and they are a Christian contemporary group.  I really like their music and this song really got me through the passing of my step-dad a few months ago in January.

Next is Stevie Nicks. She is one of my all time faves! She is also part of the popular band Fleetwood Mac. 

If you like country- Sara Evans is a popular singer and this song helped me when I broke it off from a toxic 8 year relationship. I was in love or so I thought and I knew I was doing the right thing but it sure hurt at the time.  Cool fact - I worked with her brother Matt Evans. We were great friends and he left to be her bassist in the band. I got to see her backstage and hung out with Matt but we lost touch over the years.


 

This guy was from Dallas, Texas and my mom was HUGE fan of him.   Stevie Ray Vaughn.
 
 
And lastly- a newer pop singer that is taking the awards by storm is Sam Smith.
He has such a great voice and I like almost every song I've heard so far.
 
 
Hope y'all have a super day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Smooth is one of my favorite Santana songs! Can't beat those Rob Thomas vocals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Carlos Santana - saw him in concert in Lake Tahoe years ago - a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Stevie Nicks is also a great favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...SRV, sadly I never liked him until a few later his death... you have some talented artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for broadening my musical knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful song choices! You've done GREAT on this challenge! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite Santana song! I do like his with Jennifer Lopez "This Boy's Fire". Love some Stevie Nicks and Stevie Ray Vaughn! I would like to add Shinedown, Seether, and Spandau Ballet. How's that for eclectic! Love music and the challegene. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selah sounds cool!, I'm gonna look 'em up on Spotify when I get a life back. Sam Smith- that would be the guy that just had to pay a bunch of money to Tom Petty for cribbing the riff from Won't Back Down. Too much the new century's Michael Bolton for my taste.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!