Thursday, April 23, 2015

U2 and Unicorns

Its Friday and I am so happy for that!!  It's supposed to be rainy this weekend so it will be an indoor kind of weekend.
Unicorns are just fun. They are a magical creature that resembles a horse with a long pointed horn in middle of their heads.  Way back in the 60's and 70's, my aunt used to collect unicorns so I knew what they were from a young age. At that time it was something unique to collect because you didn't see them everywhere. Then sometime in the 80's - unicorns exploded and were seen everywhere.  Don't you hate when something used to be fun and a challenge and then soon after you can find it at the local dollar store?!
I have a tshirt with a unicorn and a funny saying and of course I cant think of what it says at this very moment.   Here are some pretty pictures and some funny ones I got off Pinterest.
KEEP TRYING PONY!!!! YOU WILL SUCCEED IN BECOMING A UNICORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why Good Girls Have Become Unicorns: A Response From A Unicorn
I'm a Unicorn 12x18 Art Print
Well, of course they are real. How else would one get photographs??




U2 is a band that I like a lot! I am really hoping they do another tour and come to Dallas.  I've always wanted to see them perform live.  I know that they're not for everyone and that some people are not a fan of  lead singer Bono.  I just really like their songs and the lyrics. 
The latest huge hubbub was last year they gave everyone their album for free on iTunes. I for one was happy about it.  Why complain about a free gift? Don't want it? Delete it. Oh well.  I am enjoying the newer album and I like this song: The Miracle of Joey Ramone.


I also really like this one. Its very positive!
 Here's one of their classics:

I hope yall have a fabulous weekend!! My least favorite thing about this A to Z challenge is that I have to post on Saturday. Who does that? Do you normally post on a Saturday? I'm just wondering because for me, i'm too  busy to be at my laptop blogging and reading other blogs. That's just me....

7 comments:

  1. I am laughing SO hard at this post because at my book club the other night I just found out the swinger's definition of a unicorn. It's a female who has sex with another couple. Oh, the thangs you learn at book club!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in from A-Z. I loved the Unicorn pictures and your comments. The cartoon unicorn in the mirror was my favorite....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horse with the orange cone - I love that. It needs to be a meme...I'm on it.

    Holli, I really enjoy your blog! I needed a little boost in my reading enthusiasm - I'm glad you did the A-to-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about collecting- been through it with beer cans, been through it with beer caps. Still do the caps, of course. Listening to Joey Ramone, kinda like it!

    I never really grokked the problem with the lp on phone. WTH, too lazy to delete? Geez, next time just send it in my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unicorns are so pretty. I like that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of unicorns. Enjoyed your graphic shares very much!
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the unicorn pictures!

    I don't much like posting on Saturdays either. Oddly enough, I seem perfectly able to keep up with the challenge every April, but come May 1 I don't know what to blog about anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!