Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Zinnia's and Zinfandel

Today is it! Done! Kaput! Last day of the A to Z challenge.  I cant even begin to tell you the stress and anxiety I had leading up to day 1 (letter A).  I do good just to sometimes even post once a week maybe 3 times MAX! It was the Monday, Friday, Saturday posts that scared me.  I even had to travel to California for a week and I was worried about that too.  BUT I did it. I survived and man I'm glad I did! I have earned a few more followers and more blogs that I'm following to my list.  Some sweet , creative and fun people.  I looked at the sign up list yesterday and there was actually 1,544 people signed up. I was number 385 on the list.
I need to tell everyone that comments on my blog- I reply back via my phone or email. Every single comment.  More than half of my commenters are NOREPLYbloggers.  I am willing to bet you money that you don't realize you are.  This means that you're not getting my responses back.  That makes me sad. I don't want you think I am ignoring and that I don't comment back.  I rarely reply back to your comment in my blog because I have a corporate job and my laptop doesn't allow me on Blogger, FB, etc. and its easier to comment from my phone. My cousin had to tell me when I was a no -reply blogger because I didn't realize I was.


Now back to the letter Z.   When I was first branching out wanting to drink wine, I started drinking white Zinfandel.  I liked the sweetness of it and it made me feel grown up. LOL.  Then fast forward 15 years and I spent a lot of time at wineries in California when I was there working. I went to never drinking red wines to ONLY drinking red wines now. I will drink a chardonnay occasionally during the summer but I do prefer reds.  If you're not real familiar with the many kinds of wines like Cabernets, Merlots, Chablis, Pinot Noirs or Grigios, etc, you may not know that there is also a Red Zinfandel too.  Zinfandels tend to be fruity and a little spicy at same time.  The fruits are more like a cherry or raspberry fruits.  They are delicious but they are not sweet. Not anything like its sister white zinfandels.  I do prefer Cabernets and blends overall. 
This one is my favorite:


It is yummy!!




Right now as I drive thru neighborhoods, I am so enjoying peoples gorgeous gardens that are blooming. I don't garden but I love looking at all the flowers.  Zinnias are so pretty to me.  My very favorite flower is Tulips.  What is your favorite flower? Do you garden? I like to buy a bunch of tulips for my table from my grocery store.
ZinniaLilliput.jpg
Zinnia-Mix.jpg


Y'all have a super Thursday will ya!! 

11 comments:

  1. 'So glad you took this challenge! The frequent posts were WONDERFUL!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried OZV (Old Vine Zinfandel)? It's my new fave. Congrats on finishing the A to Z challenge. I'm too damn lazy to even try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo You Did It!! I love me some wine and would celebrate finishing the challenge tonight with a vino (no vino tho). I am a big Cab person thanks to travels to Italy. Lately I have been leaning towards a pino grigio. Time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know what you'll be celebrating tonight with ...

    Congrats on surviving the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are beautiful. I love tulips too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I haven't joined in. I just can't blog everyday, to much for me. We pretty much only drink red wines however I do like a chilled White Zinfandel in the summer sometimes. We too started out drinking the WZ. We do love our reds.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stopping by from the A to Z Challenge and just wanted to let you know about our party. The A to Z Reflections Linky List will open on Monday May 4th, and you're more than welcome to join. A lot of us will be reflecting about the challenge and visiting the blogs we may have missed. I hope to see you there! :)

    And congrats on finishing the challenge. I know what you mean about the challenge being stressful. I just barely got through it this month, lol. But it's a lot of fun and totally worth it. By the way, I love those Zinnias. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous zinnias!
    I did the A-Z Challenge with 5 blogs. Whew! Done!
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting at The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers.

    Hope you will be back again!
    The Mane Point A Haven for Horse Lovers .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Holli ... So glad you took to commenting at Paula's place (Smidgens, Snippets & Bits) so I could follow my hunches and drop by. While your being from Texas is a huge draw ... and in spite of my being tat-less and skeered of cycles ... I find myself liking Hoots n' Hollers. A lot. Goodness knows, I hope to benefit from your positivity! :)
    Meanwhile, there's a glass of wine ...

    Have a great new week!
    Myra (aka Mevely317)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are beautiful. Congratulations on successfully finishing the A to Z Challenge.

    I'm pretty sure that I'm not a "No-Reply" site since I have received email replies now and then. Might need to check on that though. I almost always reply to comments on my blog which I'm sure results in many of my replies going unnoticed.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Holli - I've come to visit via Pamela's recommendation, and have really enjoyed reading through some of your posts. I planned to take part in the A to Z challenge this year, but wasn't able to due to some unexpected 'real life' issues getting in the way - maybe next year. I'll be back again now I've found you! Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!