Thursday, May 28, 2015

I hit the Holliween jackpot

So a few weeks ago my dear friend Di who is the general manager of a retail store at nearby mall, was informed that her store was not going to have its lease renewed.  Since then , she has already got another job lined up so yay for that!  The store has everything on clearance and they had some old mannequin pieces that we're going to go to the dumpster.
Guess who is the lucky owner of those pieces? Yep - you guessed it - ME!! 
I have two sets of legs and top forms but they are headless and they don't have the stands that help them stand up.  I also have 3 arms with detachable hands. 
I can't tell you how excited I am! I may be  a little on the weird side but I like to think it's my creative side.  
As mentioned numerous times here on my blog, I have an epic annual Holliween party and I like to change it around every year.  I have some ideas for the mannequin parts but I'm also open to any of your ideas too.  I was thinking of burying the hands so they stick up out of the ground in the front yard.  

Happy Thursday yall!! 

8 comments:

  1. You know me. All I'm thinkin' is "nice rack"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That will be some awesome Halloween display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, mannequins are creepy any time of year. So, I'm sure whatever you do with them, they'll be a hit at Halloween.
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a panic, Holli.
    only staging I saw using a mannequin at Halloween, was dressing it in a Cowboys uniform - where it lay in an open casket in the middle of their living room - while the rest of us mingled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are so lucky. I have been looking for mannequins for my g-daughters for the past couple years. Buying them is soooooo expensive! The girls have wanted them for their rooms to put their next day school outfit on. Sorry I don't have any Halloween ideas! Not my favorite holiday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume Di has some idea what she has unleashed on the world. I hope she's happy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Gosh. This makes me think of the beginning of the movie Mannequin (remember from the 80's) when he's "building" Kim Catrall's character. LOL LOL. These are a fantastic addition to HolliWeen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't sure where this post was going. Hahahaha. I'm like, "Oh my goodness. This is really creepy." And then I realized you were going to use them for Halloween, which is intended to be creepy. So, it's totally cool. In this case, the fact that they are headless actually works in your favor. Who knew????

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!