Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My patio chair redo

So 5 weeks ago , we were having a pretty day and I was just hanging around the house.  I have to take advantage of sunny days to do any of my spray paint projects.  I had bought a cute patio chair that was bright pepto-bismol pink with a faded floral seat cushion.  I really didn't mind the pink but I wanted our patio furniture to not clash as badly as it did.  
I spray painted the chair metallic silver and I painted another chair the same color because I was on a roll.  Then the seat needed some help.  I grabbed a cute bag that I had bought from Target last Halloween.  I had colorful skulls on it and I liked the fabric because it's waterproof.  I grabbed out my staple gun and took the seat and placed it in the bag.  I cut all the access off and just stapled it under the seat. Boom! Done! Easy Peasy!! 

And here is the results. I'm pretty pleased  without. Especially with all the rain we've been having.  

So what do you think? Have you covered any furniture before? I've only done outdoors chairs and a stool so far. 

11 comments:

  1. I haven't covered anything in years but we need to re-due our dining room chairs. I love what you did, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea of spay painting the furniture. I have a few of those really ugly plastic Adirondack chairs that I would love to paint in all the bright colors of the Caribbean, Love your skull fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a HolliWeen cushion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SWEET! That's what I was aiming for. All roads lead to Holliween for me.

      Delete
  4. I haven't covered anything, so I'm impressed. My mom has covered some furniture over the years, but me... nada.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to visit so many Soundtrack posts. If you decide you want to participate just let me know; I'll include a link to your blog at the bottom of each Soundtrack post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome that you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holli, it turned out so cute! I've done slip covers for chairs and couches. Measuring for extra fabric to tuck in is the key to those. I've also made covers for bar stools... they look like shower caps and can be changed out any time you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dixie, I love the shower cap idea!! I have an old bar stool that I acquired from a family bar closing and the seat is all torn up. I need to use your idea for that. I have an ottoman in my house I want to cover but I'm scared. I need to just do it!!

      Delete
  7. So cool! I have never redone a chair but I am on the cusp of redoing a folding chair. LT thinks it's easier to buy a new one, but I wanna try. LOVE the skulls…they're so you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!