Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Put on Purple May 15 ( Friday)

Hey y'all, Just wanted to let you know that this Friday is Put on Purple day for Lupus Awareness.
May is Lupus Awareness month and every year they have a date to Put on Purple.
This is from Lupus Foundation website:
Join the growing number of individuals, communities, media and celebrities that Put on Purple™ for lupus awareness and tell people why. Getting your purple on is an easy way you can help the Lupus Foundation of America raise awareness of lupus and show support for those who are living with the disease.

SAVE THE DATE: Put On Purple on May 15, 2015

 Take a picture of yourself or have someone take pic and upload it to social media with hashtags #POP and #knowlupus  . You can tag me and say you're doing this for my mom ( Donna) , or my friend Marla at Luck Fupus, or maybe you know someone that has Lupus that you're doing it for.
Its something easy and free but will get the awareness out there.  Wear something purple folks!


I'm packing my purple to wear on Friday since I'll be out of town and I already moved into my purple purse for the occasion.




Thank so much and have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea to raise public awareness! I'm IN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have purple other than underwear. And some of them aren't going to raise awareness of anything other than the holes in them. So I think this one will be a "pray in lieu of participation" event.

    A friend- sorta- had lupus diagnosed when we were almost clear of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Holli! Purple on Friday, it is! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother, my grandmother and two of my aunts had lupus. I have tested lupus free. A great cause and a wonderful way to raise awareness! Many might be suffering from it and not even know, as you have to test specifically for it to know.
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for the love and support!!! I know how much it personally affects you. Anyone reading this PLEASE post pics to the social medias, tag me in them (@marlajan) or tag Holli and use hashtags #KNOWLUPUS #luckfupus #POP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be wearing purple - thank you for raising awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for letting me know. I will have to find something purple to wear!
    Take care and God Bless.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm full on purple on The Flipside!
    www.cherdoontheflipside.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!