Monday, May 4, 2015

Two Good reads- I was tagged

Happy Monday y'all!!  How was your weekend? Mine was really nice. Not too crazy busy and got to see some family so always a plus.
 
 One of my new blogger friends Pamela who I met through the A to Z challenge tagged me on a blog link-up last Friday. She blogs at The Lady of the House Speaking.
 I told her I would participate today so I'm going to tag 2 blogs that I want to introduce you to.  (actually 3 because I just tagged Pam).


First I want to introduce you to Laura over at We Really Got This. I found Laura's blog a think over a year ago. She also lives in Texas and might have met her through the Texas Bloggers group. Not sure.   Either way I really enjoy her. We have so much in common from our age,  love to our dogs to a lot of the same music tastes.  Matter of fact, we realized through blogging that we don't live too far from each other and we are going to meet for dinner this week.  I am so excited.
Laura is a school teacher and is engaged to her love of her life.  She is such a trooper because she continued doing the A to Z challenge and midway through her Mom passed away. I seriously don't know how she did it.  I really like her funny sense of humor and she keeps it real.  Her blog is much like mine in that its a lifestyle blog with no particular theme.  If you stop by, tell her I sent you.


The second blog I want to introduce you to is Cherdo at Cherdo on the Flipside.  I came across her blog from the giant list of participants and I'm so glad I did!!  First of all, y'all know I'm crazy obsessed with music and her challenge theme was all about music. I died and went to Heaven by reading all her posts. She posted about the history of the performers and not just songs. I learned a lot about some bands that I didn't know before. Her sense of humor is awesome and she's very witty.  What I really enjoyed was the commentary from her followers. Boy, she has some very educated music fans and they are funny! Then as I was reading some of the comments on one of her posts, I saw a comment from one of my friends Chris at Tilting at Windmills who we follow each others blogs.  Small world!!   Cherdo has a great blog and I think you'll enjoy her posts.


So , in all I actually mentioned 4 blogs that I follow. If you want to meet some new bloggers, hope you enjoy my post today.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating, Holli, I'm off to check out your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Holli! I wanted to give you a hoot and a holler and thank you for doing a little piece on a wonderful friend of mine, Cherdo, on The Flipside. I have been a devoted follower of hers for a year now and every day I have been thankful that our paths crossed in the blogosphere. I know you will enjoy yourself whenever you visit Cherdo's blog. It's a pleasure to meet you, Holli, and to know that you share my eclectic taste in music. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a true friend, Shady! Thanks for the kind words - you know I appreciate you. :-)

      Delete
  3. Awww you are so sweet my sissy from another missy!! I appreciate the shout out! I can't wait to meet up…it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holli, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad we connected - there's a whole lotta year to fill with all kind of shenanigans and I will be following your blog to get my music fix. I don't do music every day on my regular blog, but I can't help but address it here and there. My favorite memories have a tune in the background...

    Thanks again, I appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherdo is one of a kind, glad I had what little to do with hooking you up! Two of my favorite ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holli - you've indeed found a treasure! Cherdo is very down to earth and uplifting. She's a barrel of laughs or a bowl of snickers (not the chocolate kind, though we hear otherwise now.) She's very kind and so are you to tag her in this post!!

    Now I'll pop over to visit Pamela, and Laura. (smile)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!