Monday, June 29, 2015

I'm MIA in STL

Hey y'all I miss you already! I am in St. Louis this week training new hire school from 8 to 5 solid.  I flew in this morning and literally began my day training. I didn't have time to post and I didn't get to read any of your posts.  I'm doing this post from my phone.  
I can't believe this happened to me tonight but I was with a friend after work  (Tina) and we went to a new restaurant that has opened recently since last year when I was here last. It's a BBQ place called Sugarfire that had patio seating.  I got out of the car which was parked in front row next to the entrance door and I saw the curb- somehow I missed and totally wiped out on my knee and then slid with arms straight out in front of me.  Thank goodness I was wearing a maxi dress! 
My back is killing me and I skinned my knee. I bounced up quickly and Tina and I laughed all night.  I know I'm going to hurt even more tomorrow. I'm not tall but  grown ups just shouldn't be falling down often. LOL! 
After dinner Tina and I hit up one of our favorite thrift stores so I did end my night on a better note. I stayed upright! 
I found the cutest nativity thingy that was only 3$. You can't have too many baby Jesus's you know! I also got a pair of denim shorts that had a hole in a very strange place once I tried them on at hotel.  There will be a patch in the future for those! I bought this sweet glass egg shaped holder with bird on it.  I really love it and hope it survives the flights back home in suitcase. 

This was my plane at 6 am.  Boarding was at 6:30. 

This was the sun coming up at 6:40.  So pretty! 
y'all I wanted to buy this cot so bad if I had a clue how to ship it to Dallas. It was only 25$ and would make such a cute daybed with tons of pillows.  I've been wanting one so bad and I wish I didn't see this one!  Oh well. 
This is the sun setting through my wind shield with rain drops. Let's just call this an artistic touch. Haha! 
I'm going to do my best to post tomorrow night too. I'm having dinner with a dear friend who just had his second kidney transplant last month.  I can't wait to see him! 
Hope your Monday was a good one and I'll try to read some posts tomorrow.  

9 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli! I hope all is well in St Louis at this hour. I'm very sorry to learn that you took a tumble earlier. It happens. I predict you will be sore tomorrow but it will pass. Please take good care of yourself through the rest of your training session out there and enjoy your dinner and being reunited with your dear friend. Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love that little nativity! I don't think I have every seen one like that before. I hope you aren't too bunged up from your fall. It's much harder on us when we are older and fall. Enjoy St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. Hope you aren't too sore. I saw someone fall once and he got up and did the "safe" sign like umpires do. That was an awesome way to shake things off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend, I'm missing you and I hope you have a great trip - even if it's work!

    In the meanwhile...

    You have been given an award on my blog today! Stop by and check it out when you can and congrats!

    http://www.cherdoontheflipside.com/2015/06/creative-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch - I've done that knee thing before. Hope you heal quickly. Love the sunrise photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Hope you don't have any lasting effects from that spill! I fell once and was in constant pain for months. Pinched a nerve in my back...not fun! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Hope you don't have any lasting effects from that spill! I fell once and was in constant pain for months. Pinched a nerve in my back...not fun! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crap! Had I known you were going to post the fall on FB, I'd have saved my monologue on falling in the woods for here! I hope you enjoy training more than I do (HATEHATEHATE), and that you get a better class of trainee than I've had in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your fall :(
    Yes you can't have too many nativities!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!