Friday, June 26, 2015

No More No Less

I'm working from home today, I have my furry babies close to me, i walked to the donut shop this morning and got a cinnamon sugar twist and we have no plans for tonight. Its going to be a Great day!!
I have seen this question asked on Fb and on other blogs - what would  be your power song? What song describes you or that you would play when you enter a room.

I have a song that has been one of my favorites since it came out in 2006. Its a Contemporary christian song by MercyMe. The song is No More no Less.   I love it!!  To me its saying that i am trying to be me and not trying to be better than anyone else. I am so Blessed to have GOD as my all time Father. I pray to one day go HOME to Heaven.
Here are the lyrics:

i'm not trying to hide anything
I wear it on my sleeve
I wear it on my sleeve
I'm not trying to be something I'm not
This is all I've got
This is all I've got
I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel
Just trying to be real
Trying to be real
I'm not trying to say follow me
I'm not the one who leads
I'm not the one who leads
Let me introduce myself to you
This is who I am
No more, no less
I am just a man who understands
Because of You I'm blessed
No more, no less
I'm not trying to prove anything
It's all about the change
It's all about the change
I hope you stare just long enough to see
The heart that's beating here inside of me
Beyond all the things you may think you know
I'm just a kid trying to make it home, that's it
No more, no less
Lord, I want to go home
Nothing more, nothing less


Have a great weekend!!!!

11 comments:

  1. I haven't heard this song before, but I really like it. Great power song!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I found myself always wanting to hear it. I've said before that I am Christian but dang I sin and struggle everyday. People criticize Christians as if we should be perfect and I am so far from that. This song makes me think of that. I'm just like you and anyone else - no more no less. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Holli! That's a terrific song and it certainly fits the impression of you that I have formed. I never heard of MercyMe, nor have I ever heard "No More, No Less" before now. I like the message and the fact that it is delivered on a bed of ear pleasing contemporary Christian rock.

    Thank you for introducing me to your power song. I wish you a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MercyMe is one of my favorite Christian bands ever. Funny thing about them, they are actually from a small Texas town of Greenville which is maybe 20 miles from the town I grew up in. Of course I only started listening to Christian music about 8 years ago. They were under my nose and less than an hour away from me in Dallas and I had no idea. Now they are famous and definitely not in Greenville anymore. I bet you have heard of the song " I can only Imagine"? Its their most popular song and it was played all the time. I am flattered that this song fits your impression of me. I do believe the song speaks for me quite a bit.
      Hope your weekend is a great one Shady!! I so appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  3. I never heard that song either but great lyrics. I don't know if I have a power song because there are so many good ones depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you start the day off with a cinnamon sugar twist donut I think that pretty well makes for a great day.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy working at home day! I am glad you shared your song. I love it! I don't know you personally, but I would say it fits you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula- I take this as huge compliment. The song has always resonated with me and the words could be mine. I try my best- that's all I can do. I am not perfect and don't pretend to be. Like Popeye " I yam what I yam".
      Hope you have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  6. Good song. Have fun working from home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I'd like to think my power song is "Eye of the Tiger," I'm afraid it's actually "Short People."

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great song. I love the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!