Thursday, June 18, 2015

We need Peace and Prayer

Yall, I just can't take anymore bad news. My husband and I watch the news before we go to bed mostly to see what our bipolar weather is going to do.  I end up getting so depressed and then my mind races for an hour and I don't sleep well. 
An older man (78) was brutally assaulted and ended up in the hospital and in the meantime his dog was in the car. Of course it wasn't hot and the window was cracked and the man was only going into the store for a brief minute. Well as you can imagine his dog died while he was in the hospital.  I cried after watching that. This man was so distraught over his dog.   I just can't hear those things minutes before I'm supposed to go to bed. 
Then last night a mass shooting happens in a church. Church people!! Really? 9 people lost their lives while praising HIM. 
I must admit that I would want to be in a church praising GOD if that were to happen to me.  You can't watch the news without hearing about murders, racism, attacks, Isis, terrorism. 
We need more peace, love, understanding, patience, tolerance and we need more prayer!  I am a Christian. I am a very imperfect Christian that sins and struggles every day.  I don't preach nor do I witness to people and friends who aren't Christian.  I have friends who are non believers and I love them! They still want peace and they have a right to believe in whatever higher power they want.  Either way- we need to all band together and pray.  We have got to do something to end so much hatred, sadness, racism , and tragedies done by people. 

Please have a great day. Take deep breaths.  Read your bible or a daily devotional. Smile and be nice to others. You can make someone's day by smiling at them.  

9 comments:

  1. A very thought provoking post, Holli! Thank you!

    Please keep in mind there IS a lot of good in the world. Sadly, though, the good stuff doesn't make the evening news. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. The violence in churches - awful! I have a good friend in Charleston and I held my breath when I heard the news. She's very active in her church.

    Lovely post - lovely sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a sad world we are now living in. I don't know where or when it will end. All the killing and hating can be so hard to take. I advise you not to watch the news just before you go to sleep. Find something good and peaceful to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Love your words here. Couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is so distracted by the BS- gun control this, racism that. A lot easier than saying, "there is something BROKEN in this world, in our lives," and to start to seek the answer. And if my dog died in the car because I was the victim of a crime... they better hope I went down too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you stop watching the news before bedtime. Holli, there is NOTHING good on there. Record it if you must and then watch the weather in the morning. That way you can sleep at night.

    I hate all the violence. I also hate then whenever a gun crime happens we, once again, hear about the need for gun control. Guns have been around forever. These sorts of crimes were not happening when I was a kid. Yet, people had guns. What wasn't around? Violent video games, kids watching violent movies, a whole bunch of kids on ADD medication... that wasn't happening. And the trifecta of all three was also not happening. Instead of talking about gun control, why don't we begin a conversation about how violence in video games and movies affects our children? Makes them less empathetic? And maybe discuss that there are bad side-effects to the Rxs they are giving kids for ADD and/or ADHD. A gun is just a thing. Why don't we actually get to the root of the problem???

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((Hugs)) Very sad stories. I actually don't watch the news but stories do filter through Facebook so I see them. I'm at a loss about the future of our country and our world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I very rarely watch the news for just this reason. No, I am not up to date on all the current events, but then again, all the horrible things that are going on in the world are not keeping me from sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very rarely watch the news for just this reason. No, I am not up to date on all the current events, but then again, all the horrible things that are going on in the world are not keeping me from sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!