Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Happy Wednesday.  Have a great day 
  1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?  I have a family reunion next weekend and supposed to go ride Harleys with some good friends of ours on the 20th.
  2.   In what way have you come full circle?  Hmm kind of a hard one.  I think I would say my marriage with Todd.  We have been best friends for over 18 years and only together for 4 of those years. We gave each other dating advice, work advice, etc.  The fact we ended up together as husband and wife is really coming full circle.
  3. Lonely Planet lists ten spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why.  How many on the list have you seen?  Which one on the list would you most like to see? Queens NY,  Western South Dakota, New Orleans, the Colorado River region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mt. Shasta region CA.   I’ve been lucky to say I’ve seen all these places minus the Indiana and the New Hampshire locations.  I love New Orleans the most out of all these.
  4. A song that describes your mood right now?  Unwell by Matchbox 20.   I feel like I’m not myself lately and cant explain it.  For one thing though are my hot flashes. They are so uncomfortable.
  5. 5.  Strawberry ice cream, strawberry shortcake, strawberry pie, or strawberry right off the wine... your favorite? I love strawberry cake cupcakes. There is a bakery not too far that make the most yummy strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing.   I also love chocolate covered strawberries. If I had to choose from this list I would say the shortcake.
  6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th - although there is some disagreement to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was a real person.   Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables.  Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now?   The Tortoise & the Hare (slow and steady wins the race),  The Ant & the Grasshopper (be prepared), The Fox & the Goat (look before you leap), or The Crow & the Pitcher (necessity is the mother of invention)?  Hmm, I am going to go with The Ant & Grasshopper and The Fox & the Goat.  My job has been very busy and don’t get me wrong- I love every minute of it.  I’ve mentioned that we are going thru a HUGE company merger and I feel like I cant breathe or relax.  In other words I need to always be on my “A” game at all times. We are constantly laying off one group or another and I don’t live in fear.  However, I just need to stay realistic and hope that I can remain busy and needed with my company.  I celebrate 20 years in September and I really love my job.
  7. The answer is yes...   what's the question?  Do I love sweet tea? Do I love music more than anything? Do I have the cutest 2 dogs in all the world? Do I adore my blogger friends? Do I love to dance?
  8. My random thought.    I am happy that the rain has stopped for a while here in Texas.  I am happy we were able to FINALLY mow the lawn after all the weeks of rain and flooding. The grass was getting so high I could barely see my dogs. The mosquitos are out of control from all the water. I look like I have the chicken pox again. 

6 comments:

  1. Whew, there's loads of information in this post huh? I'm getting hot flashes too. Not fun for sure. You know it is strawberry season and I have not made strawberry shortcake yet. I need to get on that! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked over the Wednesday Hodgepodge and just didn't have the energy to get into it this week. Our rains have stopped too but like you said it is hard to enjoy the outdoors when the mosquitos are as big as Texas.....lol ...I couldn't resist. Hope you have loads of fun at your family reunion. We haven't had one of those in years. Family isn't always a fun group of people to hang with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula- you nailed it with the mosquitos as big as Texas!!
      My family reunion is on my dad's side and they are all fun crazy germans!! We have a blast. My mom's side tends to have more drama and not so fun sometimes.

      Delete
  3. This is a great question and answer post - I loved it, Holli!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A family reunion sounds awesome, have fun. I would say you and Todd have come full circle. Love your "yes" questions. Glad the rain has stopped and really sorry about the mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those crazy German family gathers are awesome! My dad side is German decent too. No wonder we get along! Loving the strawberry cake and hating the mosquitoes! So glad I filled in my pond this year. No more standing water for mosquito motel. Unfortunately, the skeeters have made it terrible this year to enjoy the outside. Sorry about the hot flashes. I haven't had those yet, but I sure do get the emotional roller coaster! Hope you find relief soon.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!