Monday, July 27, 2015

A few celebrations

Good morning y'all!  How was everyone's weekend?  I had a very nice one and didn't want it to end. Saturday morning, Todd and I drove out to east Texas to spend the day with my grandma Nanny. Her birthday was yesterday and she turned 88 years old.  I bought her dozen roses that were gorgeous. One bouquet were these orange roses that were incredible. I didn't take any pictures.    
We had brunch at this little tea room that is so delicious. Home cooking and they are the sweetest ladies that work there. They brought out a piece of cake to go for Nanny and it made her day! She didn't even care about the cake but that they would do that for her.  
I asked Todd to take a picture of me and Nanny.  He's not the best picture taker because he won't tell you where to look or when , he just grabs my phone and takes it.  Oh well! 
After brunch we took her into one of her favorite boutiques to look around and then we walked across the street to go into an antique store. Nancy's leg sometimes will just give out and she also has trouble with one of her ankles. She doesn't lift her foot high enough and has fallen a few times. There were lots of uneven parts of the sidewalk and street so I grabbed her hand. We held hands across the street and what I didn't realize was that Todd was behind me taking pictures.  I am so grateful for them!! 
I love her so so much and she is so very precious to me.  
We also stopped at a few garage sales around and I bought a wooden quilt holder for 3$ y'all!!! I love junking in the country!  
Yesterday we celebrated my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary.  It was actually on Saturday but couldn't all get together until last night.  Todd's parents, Todd's brother Kevin and his girlfriend Paula and the two of us had dinner at a nice quaint Italian restaurant called Cafe Amore. It's so yummy and they have great cappuccino pie for dessert. It's heavenly!! It's frozen ice cream pie and it was 102 outside so it was perfect.  


Todd leaves in the morning to head for sturgis.  He is going to stay overnight in Nebraska and then come into sturgis on Wednesday afternoon. I fly in Wednesday evening. We packed last night because my stuff has to go with him. I will take my jacket and a helmet and walk off plane right on to the Harley.  Can't wait to have to need a jacket!! 
Hope you have a great day my blogger friends! 

9 comments:

  1. WOW such great pics. I love those pics of you and your Grandma holding hands. I miss my grandma so much. I lost her last year at age 87 and she was so sassy. When she was mad at me she used to say "she was going to kick me in the ass with her good leg".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories captured on film! Awesomeness! I hold hands Daddy still. I think it is hard on his hands because of neuropothy. I just got back from visiting him. The heat is hard on him and us!! Jealous you are going to cooler climate…Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, leave the Hognosed skunks in Texas, y'hear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm so glad you love Nanny and watch out for her. Congratulations to your in-laws.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures off you & your Nanny! Needing a jacket sounds wonderful, doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend! I love the photos of you with you sweet Nanny! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of you and your granny holding hands. Those pictures will someday be priceless to you. Have fun in Sturgis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet friend, it sounds like you are having a great week! I love the pictures of you with your grandma. Love it up!

    I'm still catching up from Atlanta... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 88th Birthday to your Grandmother! Happy 50th Anniversary to your in laws!
    Have a wonderful time in Sturgis and be safe on the Harley.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!