Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A little song for today

Good morning y'all!!! Its been super crazy busy this week with my team in town.  We are all spread out from Illinois, Virginia, Upstate New York  and here in Texas.  While we're in our meetings, i'm getting farther behind in my emails.  Oh the woes!! LOL.  No big deal on the grand scheme but enough to get me frazzled. 

Have you heard of Kacey Musgraves? She's a newer up and coming female country artist.  I really like her! She's sassy and from East Texas.   
I like several of her songs but here are two good ones i wanted to share. 

This is Keep it to yourself:


You turn on the light
Then you turn it back off
'Cause sleeping alone, yeah it ain't what you thought
It's the drip of the sink
It's the click of the clock
And you're wondering if I'm sleeping

You heard from your friends
That I'm doing okay
And you're thinking, maybe you made a mistake
And you want me to know
But I don't wanna know
How you're feeling

Keep it to yourself
If you think that you still love me
Put it on a shelf
If you're looking for someone
Make it someone else
When you're drunk
And it's late
And you're missing me like hell
Keep it to yourself

If you see me out and I'm standing alone
Well it don't mean that I'm gonna need a ride home
If you walk up to me like it ain't what it is
I know that it ain't gonna end with a kiss

So keep it to yourself
If you think that you still love me
Put it on a shelf
If you're looking for someone
Make it someone else
When you're drunk
And it's late
And you're missing me like hell
Just keep it to yourself
Yeah, keep it to yourself

Yeah, when you're drunk
And it's late
And you're sad
And you hate going home alone
Cause you're missing me like hell
Keep it to yourself
Yeah, keep it to yourself

Yeah, keep it to yourself

This is my favorite one and it was her first hit. Its called Follow your Arrow

If you save yourself for marriage
You're a bore
If you don't save yourself for marriage
You're a whore-able person
If you won't have a drink
Then you're a prude
But they'll call you a drunk
As soon as you down the first one

If you can't lose the weight
Then you're just fat
But if you lose too much
Then you're on crack
You're damned if you do
And you're damned if you don't
So you might as well just do
Whatever you want
So

Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points

If you don't go to church
You'll go to hell
If you're the first one
On the front row
You're self-righteous
Son of a-
Can't win for losing
You'll just disappoint 'em
Just 'cause you can't beat 'em
Don't mean you should join 'em

So make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points

Say what you think
Love who you love
'Cause you just get
So many trips 'round the sun
Yeah, you only
Only live once

So make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's what you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, I would
And follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points

Have a fantastic Wednesday!!

6 comments:

  1. Lead those teams, Holli! Get yer Texas on, girl!

    There's nothing I like better than learning about a new artist - Kacey is a hit with me! That's all that counts on my mp3 player, anyhow.

    Enjoy your day and take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these songs. Loved them both!! I also love how you share the lyrics. Often I get more out of a song if I can see the lyrics too. Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the songs Paula! You're welcome for the lyrics. It helps me sometimes when I know what they're saying. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Never heard of her, but I think I'm in love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt she a cutie!! I'm glad you like her. Her music is fun to me.

      Delete
  4. Not quite where John Holton, but definately a voice to follow... liked the first one best. Sorry for being contrary today!

    (Now, idiot, hit publish and not sign out!)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!