Thursday, July 9, 2015

Songs for Thursday: Steven Tyler's new country song and another song with Willie and a family member

So last week's Battle of the Bands i had Willie Nelson and his son Lukas as a contender.  The song received very positive feedback and for the most, everyone liked it. Lukas sounds just like Willie.
Now here is a song that Willie sings with his daughter Paula.  Seems like the whole family is pretty talented. Its a cover of song Have you ever seen the rain




Now , lots of hubbub going on about Steven Tyler from the band Aerosmith switching over to the country side on his new album.  Honestly, i have to tell you that i really like Aerosmith! I've seen them in concert 3 times and have all their cd's.  They were just in concert in Oklahoma last weekend to a sold out show ( i didnt go).  They're not going anywhere.  Steven is just branching out like a lot of singers do.   I am in LOVE with his first country release.  It has his flair and not too country at all.
I also really love the video with the old timey truck and the neat gypsy caravans.....
Tell me what do you think?
Its called Love is your Name

Send your kisses my way
Bring your sweet heart to me
I’ve been waiting for so long

Tell me all your stories
Leave some open for me
Write your name into this song

I’ll walk through the fire
I’ll run through the rain
I’ll wait for forever
If Love is your name
Your name

Catch a wind from heaven
Sail down while I’m sleeping
Wake me with the morning sun
Oh, oh- oh
I’ll dream of you until you come

I’ll walk through the fire
I’ll run through the rain
I’ll Wait for forever
If Love is your name

Valentines keep knocking
My heart keeps on walking
Darling I’ll hold on for you
For You, for you

I’ll walk through the fire
I’ll run through the rain
I’ll wait for forever
If Love is your name

If love is your name
If love is your name

Have a great Thursday Y'all!!

10 comments:

  1. Clones! This is my post for today, too!! How funny. I love this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know Willie Nelson had a daughter. I'm not crazy about her singing but I love, love, love Willie! And Steven Tyler in country. I loved listening to the song. It was a good video. It is just hard to wrap my mind around him and the song together. Know what I mean??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was too far of a stretch honestly from some songs he's done in Aerosmith.
      I love that you also love love love Willie!! I love him and always have.

      Delete
  3. I love Steven Tyler. One of my FaceBook friends posted this video and said she found it very "creepy". Even though it's different for him, I think it shows his range of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can see my thoughts on Tyler on Cherdos post. I like her voice, sounds like a softer Pearl. His harmony didn't win me though. I'll be back to listen to last night's post in a bit, but right now my white castles are done, and I had to retype this because I hit the dan sign-out button instead of publish...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, dear Holli! Yessum, I noticed that you and Cherdo are sistas from different mistas and both ran Steven Tyler's new countrified rock song. As I stated over there I love the song, Steven's vocal treatment, the arrangement and the video. In my opinion it does not constitute pandering to a new audience if you are able to deliver the goods and Tyler does so authentically. It was the same with Elvis when he moved away from rock 'n roll and branched out into gospel. A soulful artist can make the transition. Speaking of soulful, Paula Nelson's got soul and I love her cover of the old Fogerty classic. In my opinion, her dad should have stayed out of it and allowed her to sing it solo. She's got what it takes and doesn't need his support.

    Thank you very much for your kind visit to SDMM today and for the great entertainment here on your own blog. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Paula didn't need willie's support but I think they did well as a father -daughter duo. He added the grit to her soulful sound. I just love him and think he adds something to every song. I love your statement about Elvis singing gospel. I am not sure why people freak out when musicians choose to branch out and do something different. Its good to be well rounded.
      Have a great weekend Shady and thanks for stopping by. I'll be traveling next week so my blogging will take a backseat again- both posting and visiting other blogs.

      Delete
  6. I still can't believe Steven went country. Especially at his age and stage in his career. So cool that the song is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But did you like it? I think he did a great choice for his country debut. These days on the country radio station, it doesn't sound too different from pop or rock depending on the song. Now is a good time to be country because its changed so much.

      Delete
  7. Steven Tyler's got a great voice. As long as I don't have to look at him. Dude looks like one of those sucker fishes.
    Come to think of it, he probably wouldn't think I was good looking, either.
    Don't look like a sucker fish, though.
    I don't think.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!