Hi Y'all!! Have you already been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award? It seems to be contagious because so many of my friends and fellow bloggers have been posting about this. Well now its my turn because that sweet crazy lady who I adore over at Cherdo on the Flipside nominated me. She posted HERE last week but I was being held hostage in a training room every day and had no time on the day or evenings to blog.
Its a pretty easy thing to do and you get to meet other bloggers.
1. Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
3. Nominate 5-20 blogs and notify them.
4. Pass on the rules
I want to start with Rule no.1 and thank Cherdo for nominating me!!! Anytime someone thinks about me and wants to mention my blog, it is a true honor . You're a gem and a keeper and i'm so very grateful our blogs have crossed paths sweet girl.
Now for 5 facts about me. I am pretty open and at times repetitive so I don't think I have anything new that you don't already know.
1. I own numerous- I mean countless of blank journals and have bought them since I was a teenager with the hopes of journaling. I was given a diary with the heart shaped lock on it when I was around 8. I wrote in it almost everyday. Then for whatever reason I stopped. I envy my friends who have stacks of journals and can see their growth and experiences. I have 2 day planners that I used for similar purposes when I was in college. Those are funny to read some of my daily events. Thank goodness for blogging because this is my journal/diary in many ways.
2. My career path as I grew: I went to Catholic school on and off for 8 years. I wanted to be a Nun and would wear my white tshirts on my head when we played. Then in middle school we moved to Northern California and my stepdads friends worked for Nasa. I was hooked and wanted to do something Nasa related. Then we moved to Southern California where my love for the ocean began. I was going to be a marine biologist and maybe even join the Coast Guard. We moved to Texas just before high school and that's when I got back into dance. It was the 80's so I was going to be jazzercise instructor, dance studio owner and if possible Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and /or Radio City Rockette. I got out of school and was a trainer and restaurant manager for 5 years, then a retail store manager until I got my corporate job where I've been for 20 years this September. There were a handful of jobs I left out when in college like the video store and hosting at restaurants, then waitressing and a photographer sales assistant. I also was an executive admin to a door to door business when I lived a few years in my 20's in Florida. I worked at Walmart on a work program in high school getting school credits for working. I was employed at a dry cleaners and was a Builder coordinator (showing people model homes for the reps on their days off), I was an apartment assistant and rented apartments a few years. I worked in retail for Harley for 4 years. I worked for Dad at his carpet cleaning business during high school summers and I babysat. I'm sure I left out a job here and there and many of these I did at the same time. I always worked 2 jobs up until the time I began traveling with my job.
3. My first vehicle was a small tan Datsun truck in high school. I drove it for 8 years. Then I got a red Mazda Protégé when I was the coordinator for a home builder. I had to have 4 door car for people to ride with me to the model homes. I traded that in after a few years for a white Jeep Cherokee. After that I owned a red ford stepside small truck. A few years later I traded that in for a burgundy red Ford explorer. I drove that for 6 years until I got my red Toyota Tacoma truck that I drive today. So most all of my vehicles have always been red trucks or Suv's.
4. I have had my "15 minutes of fame" when I was in dance in junior college. I danced in the Macy's parade in NYC and the next year I danced in Orange Bowl halftime in Florida. I also danced in the governors inaugural parade in Austin and in Mardi Gras parade.
5. Years ago when I bought my first Harley ( in '97), I bought it using one of those checks that credit cards send you to pay off other cards or to spend it. So essentially I charged my Harley. I paid it off though fast because as mentioned above, I was working 2 jobs.
Now I nominate:
Deb at Just Keepin It real
Phil at The regular guy nYC
Lauren at Hope for the Moment
Chris at Tilting At windmills
Laura at We really got this
Now for the Battle of the Bands. I had so much fun being a host of a battle and the participation was awesome. It was neck and neck and tied for a while. However the winner is Willie Nelson and his son Lukas. They won by 2 votes and i didnt vote. It was so hard to choose so i didnt. I guess if i had to, i would choose Willie. I've seen him so many times and he's local. The vote was 10 to 12.
Thanks so much for voting yall!!!
Have a wonderful day!