Monday, August 24, 2015

And the winner of the BOTB is......

The winner of last week's Battle of the Band goes to Imagine Dragons.  They got 11 votes.  311 got 4 votes and if Adele was in the running she had 5 votes where people commented.
The 311 version gets played quite a bit on the radio which reminded me of the battle.  Sometimes you have to turn the radio up and listen closely to see if its The Cure or 311.  They sound so similar and that was in the comments that they didnt really try to make it their own.  
Thanks so much for your comments- votes!!  We will have our next battle in a week on September 1.

I will leave you today with the Imagine Dragon song that rose them to stardom. Radioactive. I love this song.

Have a nice day yall!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli! I noticed how many people were voting for Imagine Dragons. Congratulations to the winning team. I am proud to be among the few, the proud, the brave, who voted for 311.

    Have a happy Monday and a wonderful week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 311 does a great version. I stand behind your vote!! Monday's are never fun but some are harder than others. Today is good so far.

      Delete
  2. My 15 year old loves Imagine Dragons and that's the one group I can actually listen to. Much better than that rap crap the kids listen to these days. And Radioactive is a great song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were just in Dallas recently in concert and I would have liked to have gone but it didn't work out. My friends said they were really good.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad your choice won the battle!! They are an interesting band. I love the video to radioactive because Lou Diamond Phillips is in it and I love him!

      Delete
  4. I chose 311! And I am happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to stand firm in your decisions. haha!! They are a good band and I thought it would have been a closer battle but majority leaned to Imagine Dragons.

      Delete
  5. Wow, not very often the band I choose to win, is blown away. But I do like Imagine Dragons, especially the song you selected for us to enjoy today. Thanks again. Looking forward to your next battle.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!