Sunday, August 30, 2015

My wedding anniversary

Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary.  It really does seem like yesterday and the last 2 years have literally flown by!  2013 was such a crazy wonderful chaotic stressful year.  My dad had been so ill and went through his transplant just a month before the wedding.  In fact, i had put the wedding on hold until i knew any type of prognosis for my dad.  I couldnt bare the thought of getting married without my parents being there. They waited a looooooong time to see me marry.  HAHA!
The wedding was at a winery called Delaney Vineyards in Grapevine, TX.  They were so super strict on what we could and couldnt do and when it had to happen and to be out , etc.  It was a gorgeous venue but not sure if i had to do it all over again i would have it there.
The day ended up being the most hottest day of the whole year. SERIOUSLY!! I SWEAR ON MY DOGS!  It was miserable outside. Some guests left  soon after the ceremony because they didnt feel well that they chalked up to heat exhaustion. Todd's car broke down 3 hours before the wedding and was stranded on the side of the road.  He had his brother Kevin and the kids with him.  Of all things, my friends who were coming early to do my makeup saw his car and gave them all a ride back to the apartment.  The car had to be towed and my brother n law took Todd to the wedding.  It was a crazy chain of events that took place that day but WE DID IT!!!
Todd and i have been together for 4 years and married for two of those.  I love him so much!
I love being married. I love saying " my husband....".  I love knowing that we committed to each other in front of all our loved ones and took an oath under GOD to honor and love each other to death do us part.  It hasnt all been a picnic of course. We have had some major disagreements where we have yelled and cried and we wanted to kill each other.   During those fights though i never once worried if it would be "the end" for us.  That is so comforting and different than when you're only dating.
According to the wedding guides out there, the gift for year 2 is : the traditional is cotton and the modern is china.  I didnt get Todd either one of those!! We are having dinner at the fancy steakhouse that Todd proposed to me at. We celebrate our anniversaries there now.  I am sooo excited!

















22 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Love that you are so in love! You certainly deserve happiness my friend. And, you two are rockin' those red sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb!! I loved wearing the sneakers during the reception. Much more comfy. They're actually a dark orange but they do look red in the pics.

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Holli! Happy anniversary to you and Todd! These are great wedding pictures. It's hard to believe you were dealing with extreme heat, sick guests, car problems and other hardships that day. I believe that lovers who feel safe and secure enough to argue with each other in a respectful manner, will enjoy a lasting relationship.

    God bless you both and may you enjoy many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shadester! I waited a long time to make sure I married the right man. We also had pre- marital counseling before we married by our pastor and that was amazing. I truly believe that every couple should do that.
      We appreciate the well wishes.

      Delete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! The picture of the two of you wearing those red shoes is adorable! Congratulations on two happy years of marriage. I hope you have many, many more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrys, you are so sweet!!! The sneakers were a hit at the reception and both Todd and I were happy to switch into comfy shoes for the rest of the evening. They're actually a dark orange but they do look red in the pictures.

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary, sweetie! What a beautiful bride and handsome groom! Finding your soulmate makes life worth living and that is not hyperbole.

    I need more information about that last picture - was that the "bouquet" you carried? AWESOME. I love unique spins on classics.

    Enjoy your evening and God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessings sweet friend!! Yes that was my brooch bouquet. I actually sent an email to all my friends and family and asked if anyone was interested, to send me a brooch. I didn't care what color, size, etc. Whichever they wanted me to have. Then a lady I met who makes them put it all together for me. It weighed a ton but I love it so much! I have it in my living room and I never get tired of looking at it. I also had a picture frame pin with my grandpa in it so he could walk down the aisle with me.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful setting for a wedding. That is crazy about the weather and Todd's car breaking down. You look beautiful and Todd is so handsome. What a blessing you have been given from God. Hoping your dinner was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, the dinner was so perfect!! We had steak and the lobster mac n cheese. It was all amazing!! Yep the weather and the car breaking down are two things we will never forget. We didn't get to have a honeymoon because of the car breaking down. We have the rest of our lives to plan a honeymoon. HAHA!

      Delete
  6. This is your SECOND anniversary? Ay carumba! Slow down dudes, make it last...

    Yeah, easier with a Tardis, I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Can you believe how fast that went? Craziness.

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Only 2 years!! I love the picture with the red sneakers.....Richard and I were married in August also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of our favorite couples were also married in August. It makes me feel good about it because they are all solid marriages. The sneakers were so fun and comfy to change into. They are actually orange but the pictures make them look red. haha!

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary. Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Dixie!! My cousin was the photographer and she did such a great job.

      Delete
  9. Great photos. Happy Anniversary! I love being divorced.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janie!! I love looking through them. I do have a few friends that feel the same way you do about divorce.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your 2-year anniversary! The pictures from your wedding are beautiful! :) My Other and I had our 8 year anniversary in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holli, congrats on your 2nd anniversary! Y'all are still newlyweds. :D May God guide you through this journey together! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww.....congrats on your anniversary. Here's to many more great years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous day that was...but boy was it ever hot!!!!! So glad that I was part of special day. I love you both dearly!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!